Fader acting possessed

I have a Soundcraft Impact board and turned it on today to have one of the faders clicking and moving by itself. Nothing is programmed into the channel, and it only occurs when in the B faders. It does not occur every time I go into the B channels. I will attach a short video and photo to help explain. Can anyone give thoughts to the cause? I am relatively new to the digital audio arena, grew up an analog girl :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• 3C03305C-DFEC-4067-8362-BD9A979AE272.jpeg
    3C03305C-DFEC-4067-8362-BD9A979AE272.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 330B12A2-9513-495B-8DFD-48E3760EF7F1.jpeg
    330B12A2-9513-495B-8DFD-48E3760EF7F1.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 155
I have a Soundcraft Impact board and turned it on today to have one of the faders clicking and moving by itself. Nothing is programmed into the channel, and it only occurs when in the B faders. It does not occur every time I go into the B channels. I will attach a short video and photo to help explain. Can anyone give thoughts to the cause? I am relatively new to the digital audio arena, grew up an analog girl :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd recalibrate the faders and pots, if there's a software function in the setup menu of your console. I used to have a Ramsa DA7 and it had a 'recalibrate faders' function. In the one or two odd instances where I had a jittery fader or when a fader forgot it's travel limits it fixed the problem.

Be aware that such functions may be "hidden" from accessibility, requiring certain buttons to be held down during power up routine. In some cases I've seen it where these functions are not even mentioned in the user manual.

One last thought, back up your board memory, set all faders to -infinity, download the latest firmware update, install that into the board. Cycle the power off/on, waiting 20-30 seconds before powering board back on. Then restore backed up board memory. Maybe this will help.

One last thought, back up your board memory, set all faders to -infinity, download the latest firmware update, install that into the board. Cycle the power off/on, waiting 20-30 seconds before powering board back on. Then restore backed up board memory. Maybe this will help.
Thanks for your input - I will try the suggestions and let you know if the ghost is gone! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back