Fashion Show Lighting

Hey, I need some advise on gels for a fashion show we are doing. We will be using the Par64's we have as the budget does not allow us to hire in enough profiles to light up the entire 35meter ramp. I want to know what gels would work best on the Par64's to get a cool white light, almost like a moving head white without filters, and whether or not it would be a good idea to put a frosted gel on as well?

Hey, I need some advise on gels for a fashion show we are doing. We will be using the Par64's we have as the budget does not allow us to hire in enough profiles to light up the entire 35meter ramp. I want to know what gels would work best on the Par64's to get a cool white light, almost like a moving head white without filters, and whether or not it would be a good idea to put a frosted gel on as well?

Yes, frost is good. AP2000 is my CTB of choice usually, but R360 is also a pretty good CTB for this sort of thing.

I am a fan of R365 for CTB corrections. Only put frost in if you need it - it's a PAR64, so naturally a soft edged light. What lamps are you using in the PARs? I sometimes silk my pars opposite of the long axis of the beam spread in order to get a more circular beam.

I am a fan of R365 for CTB corrections. Only put frost in if you need it - it's a PAR64, so naturally a soft edged light. What lamps are you using in the PARs? I sometimes silk my pars opposite of the long axis of the beam spread in order to get a more circular beam.

We have a lot of CP60 VNSP lamps on hand, would you recommend any diffusion be used?

We have a lot of CP60 VNSP lamps on hand, would you recommend any diffusion be used?

Depends on how many PARs you have. If you have enough to do one every foot or so on either side and top, then your probably fine...

Depends on how many PARs you have. If you have enough to do one every foot or so on either side and top, then your probably fine...

For the length of the truss and ramp, that is 35meter, we have 36 par64's which isn't a lot but the client understands that if they don't give us a decent budget to work with it's not going be spot on (no pun intended)

At the very least you are going to need to lamp the PAR64s that you do have with MFLs to get the kind of coverage you need with a light ever 3 feet (or every 6 feet if you have crosslighting). Unless your position is waaaay above the deck, VNSPs are just going to be blobs of light on the runway.

Yeah, you really can't do much with VNSPs for this application. You should do photometrics for your throw distance and the beam angle of a CP60 VNSP and see what size beam you're going to get. I am going to guess that you're gonna need other lamps.

Every fashion show I did for Bloomingdales wanted 3200 degrees kelvin. With Pars, no color correction is required. +1 on getting mediums.

Probably gonna need mediums, and talk to the people who are running the thing, to figure out what they want in terms of color. Do they want CTB or 3200? Sounds like an easy enough question that they should know the answer to.

Probably gonna need mediums, and talk to the people who are running the thing, to figure out what they want in terms of color. Do they want CTB or 3200? Sounds like an easy enough question that they should know the answer to.

Yeah we ordered a couple of mediums, and some Lee 202 correction gels to take the edge off a bit. The client seem pretty non-caring about the lighting, which is weird for it being a fashion show. Now just to get everything rigged next week. Thanks for all the info you guy rock.

Hi. I just did a swimwear show at The Miami Beach Convention Center. We had a 88 foot u-shaped thrust. The truss was a box 50by 100 with a center stringer. I used leikos with no color at the upstage model entrance. We had solid white walls as with 4 barco 18kscreating different scenic effects. Asfar as the par 64s, I decided to use 6 bars with no color on the outsides and single pars with r119 on the inside. It worked out really well since the media was at the downstage center area on a riser. My first post so a little rusty. I hope this helped a little

Users who are viewing this thread

Back