Fashion Show Uplights/Footlights

DeenT

Every year we have an event in our ballroom which is a fashion show for cancer research. Every year is the same....a 28' x 8' platform runway placed down the center of the ballroom. We place 6 old incandescent strip lights on the edges and run a couple dimmer packs. Due to the power draw of the lights, we can only run half of each fixture (every other lamp is removed). It doesn't look the best. We've decided next year to attempt to do some front lighting on some stands near the tech table, but we're interested in a better solution for the uplights/footlights. Preferably would want to go the LED route so we can use them to their full extent, but color changing is not necessary. Also something much easier to move around then having to drag the incandescent strips from storage to the ballroom. To add, we use IMAG to show the models on the projectors in the room, and this year they brought in a company to record and stream the event due to COVID. This was when we really noticed how bad our lighting looked.

Budget?

Cube Echos are nice for up lighting and battery powered and wireless dmx About 300$ a fixture. ChauVet has some nice battery powered fixtures too a little more expensive.

What is your budget? Will you use these fixtures for other events? If so, what type of events?

~Dave

We may use them for other events, but this is the only current event I can think of. Currently don't have a budget in mind, but definitely wouldn't want to break the bank.

We may use them for other events, but this is the only current event I can think of. Currently don't have a budget in mind, but definitely wouldn't want to break the bank.
Take a look at the Ovation CYC 1 FC. It might tick all the boxes for you. It's certainly more expensive than a zip strip, but, it's got a lot of uses. Footlight was one application I designed it for. They should be around $900, unless you have a friendly dealer willing to work with you on the price.
https://www.chauvetprofessional.com/products/ovation-cyc-1-fc/

Another avenue may be RGB tape light down each edge of the runway, allowing you to color mix on the fly. All varieties and prices available online to fit about any budget!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back