Fat Frog - Memory issue

adude23

It started last summer when somebody borrowed the desk. They programmed it one evening and when they came back the next morning nothing had saved. They had not backed it up and nobody else had been near the desk. The memory had just gone. I was doing some edits on a show a couple of months later and had a problem with the disk drive reading. Turning off and on sorted out the disk drive but had lost all of its edits.
Can anyone help??
By the way, the battery has been replaced! :(
thanks,
~Adude~

Did you talk to zero88? Their support is supposedly very good.
You can find them at Zero 88 Lighting. Lighting Control Systems for Entertainment, Stage, Film, Television, Theatre, Schools and Drama by now they're probably closed for today (it's 17:49 in the UK) but e-mail them.
You can also try blue-room there are a few zero88 employees on that forum...

Other than that afaik the Frog range are PCs running linux, so if either your harddisk could be messed up (major shock? was the desk dropped?)
Or maybe there is someproblem with the filesystem causing it to be mounted read-only but I would expect the desk to report that.

However a disk making nasty noises is never a good sign...

To my knowledge it wasn't dropped, it was in an install and was set-up and left, the LD then came in the next day to find his memories completely wiped!
The disk sounds healthy to me,
the problem seems to be that it's not holding it's memory for a very long period!
I'll try giving Zero88 a ring tomorrow but if the problem can be solved here first then it's a bonus!
cheers,

The Fat Frog does not have an internal hard drive only a flooppy. And it does NOT run linux, the Frog 2 may run linux but the Fat Frog does not. As far as the frog erasing it's program I've had this happen if the board has been stored in a very cold enviroment. Other then that I have had no other issues with memory. I'm not sure if you have replaced the battery yourself , but if you have you will notice there is a 128mb DIM on the motherboard. I assume this is powered by the battery also and holds the program, not sure though. You might just need to reseat it or replace it, but Zero88 will be able to tell you for sure. Does your clock hold the proper time???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back