Faux melted chocolate headpiece?

I don't even know how to describe what I want to make, but I feel like there must be a way to do it. I'm costuming a community theater production of Willy Wonka. We have 12 shows to do, and no access to running water. In there scene where Augustus Gloop falls in to the chocolate river (shiny fabric being rippled by Oompas), he comes out a couple of minutes later for the Oompa Loompa 1 song. I think he needs to look covered in chocolate! I bought two identical sweaters-one I plan on painting to look like it was covered in chocolate. We can smear brown facepaint (or actual chocolate pudding!) on his face backstage quickly. But what about his head? I want to make a cap that will look like chocolate drips. What materials do I mold that from? Does such a thing exist?https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...-012-1-.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150912181919

Attachments

• Augustus chocolate.jpg
    Augustus chocolate.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 300
Brown caulking?

Brown latex or caulk can both be shined up with silicone spray. If you get your liquid latex from an adult retailer for body paint use, they may have the spray available as well. In a pinch, silicone personal lubricant would work, too.

Instead of pudding, give brownie mix prepared according to the recipe but minus the eggs a try. It's a more opaque consistency, still edible, and probably no harder to remove backstage with baby wipes and towels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back