The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Favorite Gel Combos

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by gafftapegreenia, Feb 1, 2008.

1. gafftapegreenia

gafftapegreenia CBMod CB Mods

Prop-tart
    This thread is an offshoot of the Chocolate gel topic. What combinations of gel do you like to use? This could be combinations of two different colors, color and diffusion, or doubling up on a certain color. Split gel colors are also fair game. I've heard alot of people say that they like to double up on Rosco Straw colors. (R12-15, Don't remember exactly). What are you favorite combos?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  2. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

Double R15. I always use this in my light shows, it really punches haze well for some reason. The color perceived has a very "saturated" nature, yet it has a high transmittancy because it is an amber/yellow.

3. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

The standard for corporate video is L202+R132. Makes conventionals and movers balance, and the cameras are set to about 3700K. The R132 does nothing but soften the edge of the SourceFourâ„¢ ERS, as often they don't soften as nice as a 360Q.

CycSilks and Frosts save time and money.

The four major manufacturers each have over 100 unique colors, so I've never really needed to subtractively mix colors.