Favorite plug on the patch panel???

Anonymous067

Mine is "To school". Sends any one of my mixes to all school pa speakers, but better yet, no room in the school has volume controls in them.

Our technical dir said to me the other night "It's scares me you've discovered how to talk to different parts of the building. It doesn't worry me that you'll do it, its that you won't know when to stop."

I can't claim to have a favourite, though I can say I am not too fond of the the five we have that buzz/hum or just don't work. We're dark for three weeks in January, so it'll have to wait until then to be fixed.

Mine is "To school". Sends any one of my mixes to all school pa speakers, but better yet, no room in the school has volume controls in them.

Our technical dir said to me the other night "It's scares me you've discovered how to talk to different parts of the building. It doesn't worry me that you'll do it, its that you won't know when to stop."
You kids! You've got it so easy. You've got a patch bay plug that says "To School" ? In my day if you wanted to tap into the PA system in the 8th grade wing of your middle school, with an 8-track recording of Pink Floyds " We Don't Need no Education", set to go off at a certain time on the last day of school, and to keep playing until someone found it, you had to crawl up over the boys bathroom, splice into the com wire <cat 3 phone wire> then find a decent 110 source you could plug your 8-track player and your timing device into...........
Have I said too much ? :rolleyes:

You kids! You've got it so easy. You've got a patch bay plug that says "To School" ? In my day if you wanted to tap into the PA system in the 8th grade wing of your middle school, with an 8-track recording of Pink Floyds " We Don't Need no Education", set to go off at a certain time on the last day of school, and to keep playing until someone found it, you had to crawl up over the boys bathroom, splice into the com wire <cat 3 phone wire> then find a decent 110 source you could plug your 8-track player and your timing device into...........

So how did that work out for you?

See we had a similar thing except instead of patching into the com system we had a boom box hidden in our school auditorium set to go off during the all school assembly with sounds of people having sex. In order to do this we had to climb up a 30ft foot ladder into the ceiling and then down the other side into the room with the Organ Pipes. Somebody setup one of those boom box alarms with a CD Player. Unfortunately, I was the one running sound for the assembly and I started freaking out when I heard it because I had no clue where it was coming from and I thought it was coming from the soundboard somehow. Finally our drama teacher opened up the room to the pipe organ and shut it off...

Needless to say...our headmaster was PISSED...they sealed off the ladder the next day.

Last edited:
I've got a bit of a thing for the plugs (power).
For a charity concert last year they'd pinched the radio station's Yamaha 01V96 instead of the Eurodesk and I needed to charge one of the cameras, so I plug it into the free plug on the 4-way then when I come to unplug it I unplug the end one on the 4-way... makes sense doesn't it? Fill it from 1-2. But it would seem whoever plugged the desk in had put the desk in 4 and 3 was just empty. Well lets just say if that desk didn't store all the settings and presets then someone would've had my head on a spike. :p

And we can send to the school PA system as well, although instead of classrooms it's staff offices that get it, interestingly, it's only ever the maths teachers who complain...

Last edited:
I think someone should have learnt a lesson about not assuming... Trace your cords or just don't plug into a show critical supply.

Favourite socket on a panel? Optocon, why? Because it saves me having to run a dozen 24 way cores...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ...brb..i need to go change my pants and get a drink! Too funny!

Two things to say to that:
I mentioned in another thread about the middle school's TV station which still played over the school's PA. Patched into that and on the last day of school played the same song.

Another day, we weren't sure whether or not the sound was working so we were told that we could play some music to make sure that it worked. Apparently, Du Hast by Rammstein wasn't the proper choice to play according to our TD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back