Feel free to post photos/stories of the nastiest or most concerning lighting instruments you've found.

Gage

Premium Member
Feel free to move this to a different section, or combine it with another thread if it's already a thing, I didn't find any threads exactly like this, but I'm notoriously bad at searching for things.

I thought I could start out with a fuzzy strand lekolite, every single one in the air was in pretty bad shape. The only reason they had me pull them down for a cleaning was the "beautiful aroma" that they would create after getting nice and hot. A few of them had gotten damp because of a condensate drain leak that had gotten fixed right as I started working at *unnamed space*. The whole facility is in the same state of disrepair and is just now slowly being brought up to what I consider minimum standards. I'm sure I'll be posting similar findings here as well, both for your entertainment and my well-being.

This was one of the better ones, the dust on some of them resembled felt because of the continuous moisture and heat cycles.
IMG_20220808_161159.jpg

I don't have a picture right now, but I had a man try to donate some old 24" scoops that had a nice fuzzy white jacket on the wires. He said they came from an old theater he was tearing down and he didn't know if they were useful. Apparently, they hadn't heard of asbestos abatement.

I don't have a picture right now, but I had a man try to donate some old 24" scoops that had a nice fuzzy white jacket on the wires. He said they came from an old theater he was tearing down and he didn't know if they were useful. Apparently, they hadn't heard of asbestos abatement.
I and many other "oldies" here used those fixtures for years.

I don't have a picture of it, but we found a nice lizard and her eggs all shriveled up inside a Colorblast power supply. It was quite the surprise! I have no idea how she got in there.

Now I wish I had a picture of the Ladybug that fried my 1000w computer PSU.

There's a village hall near us that one or two of us have occasionally worked where we're convinced some of the lanterns haven't been taken down in the last decade, possibly longer. They're caked in dust.

There's a village hall near us that one or two of us have occasionally worked where we're convinced some of the lanterns haven't been taken down in the last decade, possibly longer. They're caked in dust.
@almorton If the wicks are short and the whale oil's scummy, that's a definite giveaway.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Well, this technically isn't a lighting instrument but it IS a UPS that sits under the lighting console. And this time it was my own butterfingers that done it!

IMG_20230124_143749.jpg

The one in a million chance that I fumbled em in such a way to cross the contacts with one another. Side note, if you are looking to clear a room, this did it faster than the fire alarm probably would have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back