fence

cb668

we are doing godspell and are using a real chain link fence.what would be the best way to secure it to the stage floor.It will be 16 feet center and 45 degree angle on both sides downstage.

How tall is it going to be? I assume you can make holes in the stage? Also I'm not exact sure what you are describing, are you saying that the center span from stage left to stage right is 16' long, and then fence is running upstage - downstage on either side on a 45? How long are the side runs?

In general, I would use a Key Clamp on each vertical pole and anchor it to the floor. I would also use some reasonably sized diagonal pipes attached to the downstage runs as well as the upstage poles. I have the sense that this wall would be climbed on and will need lateral support. If some platforms butt up against it you should also U-bolt it to the platform.

Any sort of bracing you can bring to the farthest SL/SR sections will make a huge difference in stability. (I'm assuming that the fence makes and upside down V shape) I once made a similar fence unit for West Side Story that had to be climbed and we cheeseburoughed additional pipes to the frame in diagonals to stabilize the unit. The blocking was also adjusted so that the entire gang didn't jump onto the fence at the same time, but in staggered intervals. Good luck to you!

With that much width you may want to consider adding an additional pipe jack-brace in the center of the 18' span, running upstage or downstage to prevent the center section from being to wobbly

If the space allowed it I would want to rig points from the top of the 45 degree fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back