I was doing a Nike gig in Hollywood Florida. We're loading in this giagantic video screen, huge deck, tons of lights.... All of a sudden the fire alarm goes off. Evacuate, evacuate, Sounded kinda like a Dalek from Dr. Who. Anyway we found out later that the culprit was one of the rigging guys. The hotel had a fancy schmancy new fire alarm installed. It used lasers, frickin lasers man, < best dr. evil voice>. Anyway apparently you cant get within 9 inches of the ceiling or you break the beams on the lasers and it sets off the smoke dectectors. What a worthless system in a multi-use ballroom.
The dry ice probably set off the alarm because of the particles in the air. You can itch and complain about these systems, but they're doing what they are designed to. If you know that there's a chance you might be tripping on of these alarms on accident, you might want to give your fire chief or central dispatch a call a head of time.
Allow me to explain this...Dry ice gives off nothing but CO2 though, which immediatly sinks to the floor. Shouldnt set anything off.
I hope flash powder doesn't set off the fire alarm. That would stink since this is the first show in this theater.
All commercial CO2 foggers either my father or I have come across use the CO2 to cool vaporised heavy fog fluid. Our big fogger uses an air-con unit to cool it.Dry ice gives off nothing but CO2