Fire Curtain Piston

We just did our routine fire curtain check and noticed that the piston bar on the descent control pistoni(terminology is probably off. Someone please correct me?) was rather dry. We don't feel like it should be that dry. So, with that being said is this something that can be fixed in house or do we need to bring in a professional company? I'm assuming we can just add hydraulic fluid and go about our business but really don't want to screw anything up. If this requires a professional company does anybody know of one that handles this type of work in the Arkansas, Louisnania, Oklahoma, or Texas area? Thanks in advance!!

Edit: just found out that the piston is called a hyrdaulic dashpot. Learn something everyday if you just pay attention.

Last edited:
Don't go adding fluid or adjusting anything until speaking with the manufacturer or installer.

TexasScenic
(San Antonio) gets good reviews.

Don't go adding fluid or adjusting anything until speaking with the manufacturer or installer.

TexasScenic
(San Antonio) gets good reviews.
That's why I'm asking on here. Tracking down the manufacture/installer crossed my mind but being that it was install almost 40 years ago I thought I would dangle some bait on here first and see what kind of response I get. There's a good chance Texas Scenic was the one who installed it here but I'm not completely sure.

Do NOT adjust the Dashpot without the assistance of a Qualified Fire Curtain Technician! < Adding Exclamation points for emphasis>

Where is the facility located? We may be able to recommend someone in your area.

Texas scenic will likely be able to help. They do good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back