First off Lads, Hello.

Cheers Boys and Girls,

Here's the rub. I've a design disk for an express etc. (Patching jobs, no problem.) I have one location that doesn't take a disk and is loaded LOADED with colour scrollers. I am told I have to write all cues with a board op. They won't let me touch the board myself. I have no clue how to tell instrument # 10 with scrolers 100 and 101 how to have rosco 81 as the colour. (Due to the scroller situation, they have little in house colour.)

I've been told to tell the board op "channel 100 and 101 at blue 81"
but I can't rely on it myself. I have only five hours of tech before the show.

Any Help is appreciated.
Cheers
Carpetstain

Do you know what kind of console it is? What kind of scrollers they are?

If their using an Eos/Ion or something with a color-picker, then you should be able to call "channel 10 at R81" or at the very least "channel 100+101 at R81".

If they don't have a console with a color picker, well, odds are their using CXI color scrollers. Grab the manual here and go to the point that lists what %s correspond to what colors. I usually make myself a little cheat sheet of the colors I'm going to use, so I don't need to look through the long list of colors while I'm sitting during tech.

Also, if its a normal conventional console (like an Expression, Expression, Obsession type thing, not a GrandMA, Hog) I find it helpful to write focus points and groups for the scrollers. Then I can just call the group for all my SL scrollers and the focus point for R81 instead of needing to deal with all the individual channels and percentages associated with making that color.

Hope this makes sense,
Zac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back