Fixture Library's

You are going to need to tell us what console you are working on, because libraries are different things on different consoles.

Well, the strand 520 is easy, the fixture library is just a text file. If you have a disk drive i would recommend downloading a library from Strand's website and then working from that, or you can work of the one I will attach to this post.

Basically, if you want to create your own file, here is what you should do. You can create a list of fixtures that are going to be in the library, and put any other information like who wrote the library in the top of the file. For all the lines that are not fixture fixture and attribute information you should start them with the "#" symbol. This tells the console that the line is info for the operator and not the console and thus it ignores those lines.

So the beginning of your library your library may look like this:
# Fixture Library
#
# Fixtures for Pioneer Theatre Company - Compiled By: Alex Weisman
# Email questions or corrections to
# [email protected]
#
# ETC Fixtures
# [1] Source Four Revolution (Base Unit)
# [2] Source Four Revolution (Base + Modules)
# [3] Source Four Revolution (Base + Shutters)
This is a list of fixtures so that you can quickly look up what fixtures are in what positions.

To actually set up each fixture you should start the line without a "#" symbol. With the DMX profile of the fixture handy, you will put together a list that looks like this:
[1][Source Four Revolution (Base Unit)]
1, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
3, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
x3, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
4, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
x4, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
29, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
6, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
53, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
17, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
18, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
19, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
20, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
2, 16, 0, 255, 0, 0
0, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
The first line identifies the fixture number inside "[]" (straight brackets), followed by the fixture name also in brackets. The subsequent lines correspond to each attribute of the fixture, and what attribute number Strand uses to identify them. The list is in order of DMX channels, so this is where you fixture DMX list comes in handy.

Here is a demystification of what is in the profile:
First in Strand Speak:
[hFixture][Fixture Name]
hAtt,Steps,NDim,Max,Min,Profile

Now in English:
[fix#][Fixture Name]
Strand attribute #, # of steps, Non-Dim?*, Max DMX Value, Min DMX Value, profile
I am not sure what the NDim spot is for, I have never had to use it. Profile is for if you want to assign a custom DMX profile to that output. Steps controls the number of steps between the min and max DMX, this is useful for color scrollers and gobos. The attribute is Strands attribue number which can be found in the default fixture library on your console.

For 8 bit attributes you just enter one line. For 16 bit attributes you enter the first channel, and then the second channel gets an "x" in front. If you look in the list above, the revolution as 16-bit movement so you pan on "3" and "x3"

Hopefully that helps. I don't know the Frog so i can't help there. Also attached is my fixture profile if you want to look at it or build off it.

Attachments

• fixturelib.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 268
Well, the strand 520 is easy, the fixture library is just a text file. If you have a disk drive i would recommend downloading a library from Strand's website and then working from that, or you can work of the one I will attach to this post.
Basically, if you want to create your own file, here is what you should do. You can create a list of fixtures that are going to be in the library, and put any other information like who wrote the library in the top of the file. For all the lines that are not fixture fixture and attribute information you should start them with the "#" symbol. This tells the console that the line is info for the operator and not the console and thus it ignores those lines.
So the beginning of your library your library may look like this:
This is a list of fixtures so that you can quickly look up what fixtures are in what positions.
To actually set up each fixture you should start the line without a "#" symbol. With the DMX profile of the fixture handy, you will put together a list that looks like this:
The first line identifies the fixture number inside "[]" (straight brackets), followed by the fixture name also in brackets. The subsequent lines correspond to each attribute of the fixture, and what attribute number Strand uses to identify them. The list is in order of DMX channels, so this is where you fixture DMX list comes in handy.
Here is a demystification of what is in the profile:
I am not sure what the NDim spot is for, I have never had to use it. Profile is for if you want to assign a custom DMX profile to that output. Steps controls the number of steps between the min and max DMX, this is useful for color scrollers and gobos. The attribute is Strands attribue number which can be found in the default fixture library on your console.
For 8 bit attributes you just enter one line. For 16 bit attributes you enter the first channel, and then the second channel gets an "x" in front. If you look in the list above, the revolution as 16-bit movement so you pan on "3" and "x3"
Hopefully that helps. I don't know the Frog so i can't help there. Also attached is my fixture profile if you want to look at it or build off it.

The ndim spot is for attributes that should not be dimmed, but rather shut on and off. For instance, all elipscans have a relay unit in them, this gets set to non dim (though I never use the relay, its there for DJ's). Rarely ever used, but it is there if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back