Fixture swap, ETC vs Avo or ChamSys

Judge

I am currently running a circus show that is touring. We use a Titan Mobile for the show, but I am leaning more and more towards ETC boards these days as I operate these shows like a theatre show.
I could replot the show on a new board if it made sense to do so.
The one thing that really keeps me from change (and this may be ignorance, hence the question) is fixture exchange. Avolites and ChamSys make this so easy.
Get to new venue and they have Ayrton Diablo instead of Mac Quantum for instance.....just patch Diablos on top of the Quantums in fixture window and it's done.
All parameters are remapped (usually) correctly and showfile just works as expected. After a palette tweak or two.
I know that this can be done with Eos....but how does it compare in reality?
Most of our shows go into venues that have ETC console in house, so it would save me lugging a Peli case around the world. But if it introduces a World of Frustration, then maybe not.
Thanks.

Well yes, I do build all the cues from palettes. The issue is how the desk will translate the fixtures parameters to those pallets. As some modern moving head spots use well over 30 channels I would like them mapped and translated as accurately as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back