The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Flamexing Issues - Help

Discussion in 'Scenery, Props, and Rigging' started by starkradio, Mar 15, 2009.

1. starkradio

starkradio Member

I am trying to flamex synthetic drape panels using Roscoflamex S33 as directed, undiluted, using a hudson sprayer with medium nozzle on the back of the fabric, not immersion, as tests to a sample showed bleedthrough and residue on the face of the fabric. When I apply it, some areas immediately splotch dark. I am guessing it is due to a reaction between the acid dye base in the fabric and the alkaline flamex. Anyone experience this? How to solve?

2. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

I don't believe there is any way around this issue, might be worth it to give rosco a call. Anytime I have dealed with flameproofing the fabric is flameproofed before painting or dyeing.

3. starkradio

starkradio Member

I will be calling them tomorrow, and will post their response. Thank you!

4. Van

Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.
    Probably too late, But I agree with Footer. That call to Rosco is a good idea. I am wondering, however, what type of fabric it is as a lot of synthetics are manufactured to be IFR < inheirently flame retardent> .
    If this is the case with this aprticular fabric Flamexing may be redundant.

Local fire codes / rules may differ. Any advice given pertaining to fire safety is always superceded by your local authority.