Flashback/Daydream transition advice

Tronchaser

Our Christmas show this year is A Christmas Story. I've been trying to figure out a good transition for Ralphie's daydreams other than light shifts. We are a small community theater with a limited budget. Any help would be appreciated

Do you have or could you obtain a scrim? Having those flashbacks occur behind a scrim with well-placed side/back lighting can be extremely effective when done right. Adding a touch of haze/fog, while not required by any stretch, can help suggest a change of time/place. In your OP you mentioned wanting something other than lighting shifts but later mentioned you wanted something visual as well. Other than my other suggestions, I'm not sure what else would suffice.

Do you have or could you obtain a scrim? Having those flashbacks occur behind a scrim with well-placed side/back lighting can be extremely effective when done right. Adding a touch of haze/fog, while not required by any stretch, can help suggest a change of time/place. In your OP you mentioned wanting something other than lighting shifts but later mentioned you wanted something visual as well. Other than my other suggestions, I'm not sure what else would suffice.
Thanks. We do have a scrim. I guess I should have explained it better. I'm looking to enhance the transition on top of the lights

Users who are viewing this thread

Back