Control/Dimming Flashing Dimmer - ETC Sensor Rack MPE 24x2.4k

orpheus85

So, after almost a decade of flawless performance, our Sensor 24 Pack is giving me grief.

A particular address is not able to produce a steady output. When I bring up the address on the board (or at the rack), the light attached flashes sometimes rhythmically, sometimes sporadically. I've noticed that even the signal LED on the dimmer module flashes at the same time as if the signal going to the module is being interrupted. I've swapped modules around and the problem seems to stay in the position leading me to think it's a MPE module problem, but I don't really have an idea what I could be looking for or if this has to be a service call.

Any thoughts?

Welcome to the both, orpheus85. I've never dealt much with MPE, and haven't ever experienced similar symptoms on a CEM or CEM+. Just curious as to why you chose 2:40 AM in the middle of the night to ask about this? That being said, give starksk, HansH, BLynch, or others a call at 1-800-688-4116. Someone will return your call within fifteen minutes, and it justifies their existence to be there 24/7.

I'm sure it gets boring and lonely in Middleton, WI in the middle of the night.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Original MayTag Repairman TV Commercial - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered powering it down and checking the connections on the power bar? It sounds more power than control. It is possible that it could be something wrong in the brain but I doubt it.

Apparently my "bat signal" was broken on this thread.

Orpheus85,

Please give us a call at 800-688-4116 if you haven't already. This issue could be control module related, but it is more likely that there is an issue with the circuitry in the rack or there is a power problem as mstaylor suggests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back