Flat that flips out of the stage

Vezrok

I've been assigned a project to create a flat object that can flip out of a 2 foot tall platform built on top of a stage. However, it has to be able to flip out like this both quickly and slowly. Are there any suggestions for ideas of a kind of mechanism I could create to do this?

How quick is quickly and how slow is slowly? What is your budget?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

How quick is quickly and how slow is slowly? What is your budget?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

I'm to assume my budget is whatever I need, but the mechanism should be something that needs to be built from materials. Also the speed is unspecified but quickly should be quick enough to suddenly rise up and seemingly smack an actor in the crotch. I would say slow should be rather gradual.

What are the dimensions of the object that needs to flip out? How big is the platform it has to come out of?

What are the dimensions of the object that needs to flip out? How big is the platform it has to come out of?
The platform beneath the object is 2 feet off the ground and 20 feet x 20 feet in terms of length and width. The object isn't given specific dimensions. It's supposed to be a tombstone and I'm imagining it at 2 feet, 6 inches tall and 1 foot, 10 and 1/2 inches wide.

The platform beneath the object is 2 feet off the ground and 20 feet x 20 feet in terms of length and width. The object isn't given specific dimensions. It's supposed to be a tombstone and I'm imagining it at 2 feet, 6 inches tall and 1 foot, 10 and 1/2 inches wide.
Assuming you have access under stage, your tumb stone is built laying flat into floor. It Is a door that opens up. Use concealed hinges, and on back side add an angle bracket with hand lever.

"...and seemingly smack an actor in the crotch."
This will be foam or other soft forgiving material? poor actor......:(:)

Are there any suggestions for winches that can be turned at different speeds? Either mechanical or hand cranked? I'd like to use a winch for this project.

Well, I built one of scrap two-by and pipe for a turn table; and have used boat trailer winches; but for something moving in a 90 degree arc a winch seems unnecessary. Levers, pneumatic cylinders, even hydraulic seem more suited. I'd also mock up the tombstone - cardboard - and see how the arc fits between legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back