Flexible LED Panels

porkchop

Hey everybody, I have a short turnaround for a project (30 days) and the customer wants to line a curved plexiglass surface with LED panels. The NF100F panels from DesignLED Pro looked just right but I'm having trouble getting ahold of them. Anyone have any other leads on flexible panels? Pixel pitch really isn't an issue but the bigger the better for the budget.

Thanks

DesignLED Pro was in my office on Friday showing those off flexible panels off. Are you having trouble getting a hold of someone at DesignLED Pro or at sourcing the panels in time from them?

The flexible LED's they have are great. The magnetic backing means you can quickly stick them to any ferrous substrate and be able to easily peel them off for service. Ribbon cables behind make it easy to connect the tiles together.

A lot of these LED wall orders are built-to-order because they can maintain better color consistency between the various batches of LED's. Because of that I'm not aware of anyone who keeps curved LED panels stocked in the States ready-to-go because if they have to mix and match from different batches to meet an order they you may have a harder though not necessarily impossible time getting the tiles of multiple batches color-calibrated against one-another.

I've got the cell for their Minneapolis guy I'll PM to you when I get to the office tomorrow. He's got a "Whatever it takes" attitude that could help you out. Only so much he can do to get things built up in China and onto a boat in time but if there's a guy in DesignLED who can get it done, it's this guy.

EDIT:
If you're looking to do rigid panels in combination with flex, you may find it's just as cost-effective and structurally easier to go all flex, all the time. I seem to recall there was negligible cost difference between the two. We just priced up a project where they want to wrap multiple sides of a walkway above a corporate lobby with these panels. The flex is only needed for going around the corners on the edges, but the whole installation will be flex panels.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back