Control/Dimming Flipping DMX output on an EOS

Lsly

hello CB!

Ok so here is the deal. I have 60+ ChromaQs that have been loaded backwards...ROTFL...NOT! Anyway I was hoping to just make a curve, on an EOS with latest build, to flip the output of the control channel, but that didn't work. It looks like I need to build a whole new fixture with the DMX ranges flipped.

Question is...is there an easier way? Did I miss something? Trying to pull the baby out the fire if you know what I mean....

Thanks,

Lorin Sly

What do you mean backwards?

So you want the gel string to default at no color, but he no color is at the far end of the string(255)? Is there simply an "invert" selection in the profile? The same way of inverting CMY channels for LED fixtures.
I do not know the ETC consoles, but its a a pretty basic function, so it should be there somwhere in the profile editor.

So you want the gel string to default at no color, but he no color is at the far end of the string(255)? Is there simply an "invert" selection in the profile? The same way of inverting CMY channels for LED fixtures.
I do not know the ETC consoles, but its a a pretty basic function, so it should be there somwhere in the profile editor.

Yeah you would think that but it is not. Curves apply to intensity only it appears. You can invert pan and tilt on a mover but not on other parameters; or at least not that I see. If this was on a Hog or O2 I would be done....Love the EOS though!

LS

You can create a custom gel string that is in the correct order. Much easier then trying to invert the entire value for that fixture.

You can create a custom gel string that is in the correct order. Much easier then trying to invert the entire value for that fixture.

I thought about that too. I think it only works though if the show isn't programmed yet. If it is, I believe the console will spit out whatever is put into it regardless of the gel string that's defined.

If you created the new color string on the new fixture and swapped the new fixture with the old.... that should replace all of the values in all of the cues correctly..... I think....

The easiest way to do this is to just copy the profile for the Chroma-Q, invert the high and low values, and apply the new profile to the patch. You only have to edit one thing, then select all the scrollers in patch and apply the profile. Even if you have started to program, the new profile will take effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back