The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Floor paint/finish

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by hsaunier, Jan 24, 2008.

1. hsaunier

hsaunier Active Member

What is everyone using to finish and or paint their floor?

2. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

Flat black paint, if you feel fancy a rolled on coat of sealer. Usually only do a full coat once or twice a year.

hsaunier likes this.
  3. Van

Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.
    Depends on the show and how the floor is treated. Here in the North West we have a local paint supplier, Miller Paint, they have a product, Acri-Clear, which is an acrylic Latex, clear coat that comes in flat, semi, and high gloss. I often seal painted floors with that product, according to designers specs. For maintanence during the run of a show I will typically use "Future" floor polish. You mop it on with a sponge mop, apply two coats for starters, then with subsequent moppings you can either re-coat with more future , or use an amonia based cleaner to strip off a layer of the future, this is very effective for removing scuff marks.

Now if someone will tell me how to keep a WHITE WHITE carpet perfectly clean for a six week run of The Clean House, when Apples, Dirt, Sand, Snow, and theatre dust are being tracked all over it every night, we could all be happy. :rolleyes:

hsaunier likes this.
  4. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

Put Stanley Steamer on retainer? 5 8 8, oh, three hundred, Empiiire.

5. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    Going to side with Van here, it really depends on the show. If we build a deck then the stage just stays however it was painted the last time it was used. If not building a deck we paint the floor.

As for paints, we happen to get a huge donation of paint every year from a local paint store, basically all the color they mixed that was a reject by the customer. I believe it usually is on the order of 200 gallons donated each season. We also use Rosco paints and we have a full chromatic tinting system like paint stores, so we often mix our own and just buy tinting bases.