Floor wax/polish for rehearsal deck?

MarshallPope

We have been installing 2 new rehearsal room decks, and were unable to get the proper oil tempered hardboard. Thus, I know that it will begin to delaminate as soon as the first show is taped out. I primed with a PVA drywall sealer, which is seeming to help stabilize the surface a bit.

I was considering using a commercial floor wax or something similar to basically prevent the tape from adhering as strongly to the final surface. Has anyone else tried this? Ideally, I'd like something that doesn't require renting a buffer. I tried a sample with some Zep polish I had in stock, but that made it delaminate even worse.

A coworker of mine mentioned that they used a matte wax on a venue she works at, and that it seemed to be helping with the delaminating issue quite bit. I was considering something similar for my stage, but she wasn't on the crew that did the waxing, so she couldn't give any more guidance on what they used or how they did it.

A coworker of mine mentioned that they used a matte wax on a venue she works at, and that it seemed to be helping with the delaminating issue quite bit. I was considering something similar for my stage, but she wasn't on the crew that did the waxing, so she couldn't give any more guidance on what they used or how they did it.
Thanks, nice to know this might be on the right track.

Ask Trevor Gradon. From the "Speed Test" in Thoroughly Modern Millie.

My eyes are fully open to my awful situation,
So I'm writing you a letter to demand an explanation.
When the floor wax that we bought from you arrived here Monday morning,
We discovered upon usage that the fume should have a warning.
Since the only possibility is that your wax is rancid,
I request a full refund of all the money we
advan-ced.
And unless you can convince me you've improved the floor wax batter,
We will take our business elsewhere, so I hope you solve this matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back