The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Fluke 333-337 Digital Clamp Meter Recall

Discussion in 'News' started by STEVETERRY, May 19, 2009.

1. STEVETERRY

STEVETERRY Well-Known Member

2. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

Not as bad as it sounds, really.:twisted: From Fluke test tools, answering your electronic, electrical, predictive maintenance and biomedical needs. :
    So what's the worst that could happen if a meter tells you a circuit is dead when it is, in fact, energized? Electrocution?

3. mnfreelancer

mnfreelancer Active Member

Good reason when checking for dead to go with the live-dead-live test...verify your meter / tick tracer's operation on a known live circuit, THEN check the circuit in question, then check the known live circuit again...this is how I learned at the nuclear power plant I used to work at, I assume it's a recommendation in NFPA 70E but that's only a conjecture.

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Well-Known Member

I was taught in trade-school to do the same (always verify your meter's reading on a circuit of known voltage!). It can save your life.
    Also NEVER trust those inductive pen-testers. They lie ALL the time.

I've had them tell me dead circuits were live, and live circuits were dead. Good thing I usually have a Digital-Multi-Meter around.

On a side-note:

Multimeters (usually) never come with fused leads, I defiantly recommend anyone using one should get and use fused leads. Many times I've seen multimeters blow sky high without them!!!!

And as-per arc-flash training, many electricians say that they "never work live". If you never work live, you clearly never use your meter.

5. MNicolai

MNicolai Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

Consultant
    From a Fluke employee @ Test and Measurement Tool Users Community - Fused Test Leads regarding fused test leads in exclusive relation to the use of Fluke meters, and applies not necessisarily to any other brand or product.