Flying a Chandeleir

Get the books. I think we have them so I will take a look and maybe post some scans of some pics. Thanks Ship!

Getting instruction and help in supervision would be the best way to learn. Sapsis rigging for a flat fee will for instance come out and provide training. Does not matter how large the class so a few schools can pool finances to pay for the class as one. Other rigging companies will also have similar instruction deals.

After that as mentioned Stage Rigging Handbook is a very respected text on the subject and will answer all of these questions.

Wow I read Stage Rigging Handbook and learned a whole lot! I also read Backstage Handbook and I thought it would explain things but it was mostly just pics!

So, I'm interested in how it ended up turning out. How did it go? What did you do?

It actually turned out that the director changed her mind. Should've expected it! She said we might use it next year.

Well that's boring! Oh well...

I'll see if I can get that book somewhere. We have no fly system or anything, we would be attaching this to the rafters in the ceiling probably. I don't know when we will do it, so I have a few weeks before I need to have an idea of how to. And, most likey we will have this guy who, he doesn't have a job as a carpenter, he's like a chemist, but he builds alot of our set pieces, hew ill probably help us hang it and make it safe. Thanks for the help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back