Flying a HK Audio Speaker

Mixer

Hi all

I'd like to rig a HK Audio Premium Pro 12 from a piece of truss.

The speaker has 3 M8 rigging points (2 on the sides, one on the rear). I'm interested to hear how people would approach this.

Thanks

Al

I would see if they have hanging hardware available for it first. If not I would have a yolk made to attach to the 2 side points. Then an eye bolt in the back to attach a span set as a safety and you could also use it to help hold the speaker in the proper orientation.

Unfortunately they don't have hanging yokes on the market.can I use m8 eyebolt and then spanset to all three?
HK only offer the M8 fixings, best fixing with tested chain and shackles, put a safety on one fixing. however you can have a cradle custom made as we have done in the past copying the Thomas design we used to fly NexoPS15's, not got round to it for our premium pro 12's yet. Make sure you use a reputable engineering company as your public liability may take a hammering if they fail !

Gary
Code Audio Visual Ltd

The speaker has 3 M8 rigging points (2 on the sides, one on the rear).
However, I can't find anything indicating that the speakers are intended to be flown from those points. The related manual does not reference flying but does include comments such as "The unit should stand only on a clean, horizontal working surface.", "Accessories: Do not place the unit on an unsteady trolley, stand, tripod, base or table. If the unit falls down, it can cause personal injury and itself become damaged. Use the unit only with the trolley, rack stand, tripod or base recommended by the manufacturer or purchased together with the unit." and "Additional equipment: Never use additional equipment which has not been recommended by the manufacturer as this can cause accidents." Have you tried contacting HK Audio directly and asking them what they recommend?

However, I can't find anything indicating that the speakers are intended to be flown from those points. The related manual does not reference flying but does include comments such as "The unit should stand only on a clean, horizontal working surface.", "Accessories: Do not place the unit on an unsteady trolley, stand, tripod, base or table. If the unit falls down, it can cause personal injury and itself become damaged. Use the unit only with the trolley, rack stand, tripod or base recommended by the manufacturer or purchased together with the unit." and "Additional equipment: Never use additional equipment which has not been recommended by the manufacturer as this can cause accidents." Have you tried contacting HK Audio directly and asking them what they recommend?

I have spoken to HK about flying them, the M8 points are designed for flying.

I have spoken to HK about flying them, the M8 points are designed for flying.
Pretty questionable locations on the box if they are intended for directly flying rather than for attachment of some form of yoke or rig that is then flown, but I would follow their recommendations and be sure to use proper hardware (e.g. forged, rated should bolts rather than just any eyebolts) and techniques.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back