Flying device... i think?

ok so a few years ago i saw a video on youtube just stumbling around. It was a device that basically harnessed you in and had a counter weight that made you basically float and levitate. The person who was in the harnessed could flip and do cartwheels in mid air.. my question is what was the name of this? and where can i find it? I have been searching since that day and can not find it for thre life of me.. please help. thank you.

Perhaps you are thinking of this video from USITT 2010:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's not a counterweight system, but a fancy motorized automation system from ZFX. The Flying Effects Wiki has some helpful info on other companies that can do this sort of thing (as well as the standard warning that you absolutely should not consider doing any flying of people on your own without one of those companies' guidance).

Think the video shows a two point harness, somersault style. They can rig them to any of the various manual track systems or to the high end motorized systems.
They.... Being the flying company you hire.

Last edited:
this wasnt a rig or flying type of thing. it was more like an arm and at one end was a harnassed person and on the back end was a counter weight. it was very simple type of thing.

this wasnt a rig or flying type of thing. it was more like an arm and at one end was a harnassed person and on the back end was a counter weight. it was very simple type of thing.

I remember seeing a video about this rig. It was cool and interesting for sure, but still not something that should be a DIY project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back