Fog Machine

Dani

Does anyone know any good places to get a decent fog machine in the Philadelphia area?

We are looking to purchase one for the theatre but I am unsure of where I should be looking.

Thanks!

Odds are you won't get a decent one localy, most local places sell party foggers, which the quality lacks on. If you have a local theatrical supplier, they should be able to help you, or do the BMI, Production Advantage, etc... thing. For foggers, most people go hands down either a g100 or a g300 from lemaitre. Rosco also makes a decent fogger. The G300 is nice because it also can be a hazer of sorts, not a great one but a hazer none the less.

As Footer said, if you can afford it, get a LeMaitre G300 from a theatrical supplier. Great unit, excellent durability, nice output.

I think Bill from ESC is a Rosco dealer. I know he sells Le Maitre products, so you could look at their stuff as well.

I am from the Philly area, so I know every company around. Starlite Productions is very big in this area, have a hold on just about everything. They are in Cherry Hill, NJ. There is also Earl's Girls in Egg Harbor City, not as glamorous as Starlite, but will try and beat Starlite's price on anything. Then there is Mainlight and Light Action in Delaware. Another company I work for is a dealer for Elation which makes so descent foggers at competative prices. I'll send you a PM with links and what not.

I'm going to bump this topic to get some more advice on for machines.

I looked up the g300 and it was way beyond my price range.

What are some good units for around $500.00? What all will I need to buy to run it from our tech booth (we have some "on-off" dimmer channels for DMX applications like fog machines and bubble machines, etc.).

Thanks!

D.

Last edited:
You can look into the Z-Series from Antari as well, a little cheaper then the X-Series. If I remember correctly, all the Z-Series foggers have DMX control built in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back