Fogstorm to Operator Pro

PadawanGeek

I have an ADJ Fogstorm 700, which uses its own wired remote, and an Elation DMX Operator Pro, which has a midi-type connector on it for a fog machine, but out fog machine doesn't have that type of connector on it. I was wondering if there was some way I could wire the fog machine up to the controller.

Thanks in advance!

I doubt it, the product page clearly states what models are compatible:
Fog Machine trigger button- (compatible with MB-1000, Stallion, Vapor Flow, Fog Storm-1200 & 1700

If you're of the electronically minded persuasion, take apart the remote and wire up each switch to a DMX relay. If it's got any variable controls, make them DMX as well. There's plenty of info out on the net about dmx circuits, and you can learn plenty about DMX at http://www.dmx512-online.com/

If I just got a big extension cord for the wired remote that comes with the fog machine, would that work?

Yep, you can also buy DMX relays, meteor makes a pretty decent one for pretty cheap, 80-100 range if I remember correctly. Your best bet would be to make a run to your FOH position.

I run 200 feet of extension cord from the booth to the stage for remote control of my wired-remote foggers. Works great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back