Follow-Me Follow Spot Controller

I’ve been reading this thread with interest. The owner saw David Byrne’s recent tour and now he’s hell bent on automated follow spots. Does anyone make a transponder based follow system? I’m planning on spending some time at LDI next month, so I’ll plot a course to pay them a visit

I’ve been reading this thread with interest. The owner saw David Byrne’s recent tour and now he’s hell bent on automated follow spots. Does anyone make a transponder based follow system? I’m planning on spending some time at LDI next month, so I’ll plot a course to pay them a visit

Black Trax has been the go to on shows I've worked with and for unrelated reasons I know they'll be at LDI in the Cast Group booth. It's a bit fiddly to get calibrated, but once fixed in is pretty rock solid. With some trickery that I haven't personally tried to program you can change which lights are operating as the follow spots so there it a lot of flexibility for non-traditional configurations. As always have a backup plan for when it fails on you, but you need one of those for traditional spots as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back