Followspot color frames for tour

I'm not sure what shops stock/send out, but the same frames work in the 1290 series and the super trouper line, as well as most gladiators. I think they also work in the 2500w Robert juliats, but it don't remember that for sure. They don't work in the 1270 line of 1200 watt lycians and there is at least one road house I remember with gladiators that take an unusual (read: gigantic) size. I'd recommend touring with a set of frames and a couple spare sheets for the unusual ones you hit.

...gladiators that take an unusual (read: gigantic) size.
That would be the Gladiator IV. Can't remember, but it's like 12" or 14" round.
[EDIT: For future reference: 13.5" diameter for Glad4 color frames.]

I think they also work in the 2500w Robert juliats, but it don't remember that for sure.
Not in any RJ I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Super Trouper frames fit fine in Lycian 1290/1293/1295. Can't say for sure the reverse is true.
I do recall a minor problem getting old "standard" Super frames to fit in the new Super Trouper "foldupable" boomerangs.

For the opposite approach to @SteveB , call Paul at http://strong.lighting/followspot/ (402) 506-9096.

Please be sure to come back and let us know what you find.

Let's also ask some CB touring gurus @ship , @soundman , @RonaldBeal

Steve at Lycian told me once the Pro series Lycians have frames that are interchangeable with Strong , you can use Strong on a Lycian and vice versa. All my original frames from my carbon Super Troupers fit my Lycian 1293's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back