Conventional Fixtures Followspot Feedback

Last few years I've had my hands on some Canto 1200s http://www.cantousa.com/followspots/ all in all they are pretty nice. Only 5 color boom so many road houses don't want them. I find they are well made and perform well, even with amateur operators.

Since nobody else mentioned it, the standard brightness request is for 100 - 150 footcandles on stage. 25 is laughable and make me suspect your meter calibration. But when reading those manufacturer charts note all the conditions. The S4s are generally for a 750W 300 hour lamp at full voltage of the lamp, not a 575W, long life, 120V at 110V.

Have a Robe remote follow spot system in the shop at the moment. Interesting. Different than a "Follow Me" system with its remote cameras, instead kind of like driving a motorcycle remotely. But still using a moving light with a camera strapped to it instead of followspot as a followspot.

Does anybody have a good source for new, quieter fans? Are newer fans generally going to be quieter than the existing ones?

The fans used in this spot are a standard size. They do make fans of this size that are quieter but generally they have less output and thus less cooling. I wouldn't recommend using a fan with reduced output.

A new fan might be quieter if the old fans have worn bearings and are making a rattling sound.

As always, a demo in your space would be best, especially if you could also
get a demo of the Altman LED followspot.

Great googly moogly I am old... I still have some carbons leftover from spots I ran in the 1980s...

Great googly moogly I am old... I still have some carbons leftover from spots I ran in the 1980s...
AC, DC+ or DC- rods? Soft centers / hard outsides?? hard centers / soft outsides??? Or????
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

As I say to the SO... It's not the years honey, it's the mileage.

Ron! You have whale oil wicks! I have an old Feurhand oil lamp that needs a wick! :)

As I say to the SO... It's not the years honey, it's the mileage.

Ron! You have whale oil wicks! I have an old Feurhand oil lamp that needs a wick! :)

Service tech at the car dealer: "Hey bud, what's with the whale?"

Customer: "He's here for an oil change."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back