Followspot Survey

What brand followspot do you use?

• Total voters
I have three L&E Mini Spot 64 10. They are small and light weight but the color boom is a front add on. Since I do a lot of things on location they work out well. I don't have much here to compare them to except some Altspots which are big and don't compare in lumens

I've been trying to find other folks that might have the L&E's they have been discontinued for a while.

Sharyn

In college we got to use the old carbon-arc followspots. Nothing like trying to hit pickups and maintaining the arc to keep you on your toes.

These days we are specifying either the Strong Canto or the Altman Comet.

Great Performance Products FS400
They use an FXL lamp, have integrated dimming and all the usual features, and made in Manitoba. The street price has more than doubled since we bought them.

This poll is nearly 18 years old. If any of you Altman Satellite or Comet folks still have a retired one kicking around, I'm interested in the color changer module for a local high school. Please let me know. Thanks! BTW, my Satellites are still running well in our relatively quiet venue.

My theatre opened with (2) Lycian Super Arc 400. Too dim for my space. I had grabbed the old Satellites from the high schools when they upgraded. Used them for awhile then donated them to another school locally.
Always rented Lycian 1.2s from a local vendor. When they closed and everything went up for auction, I bought (4) of the 1.2s that I had been renting for years...

We had 2 Lycian 1293 xenons. They replaced Super Trooper carbons. I wanted Strong Xenon Super Troopers but I needed a short pedastal for one unit which Strong had stopped making, thus went to Lycian, who could. They were really good reliable units, hated changing lamps though.

Bwahahaha. I'm not sure if I should be impressed or dismayed by Chauvet gaming the system with their voting. I think I'll be both. :) Ford- did you and Ben each vote 55 times? *chuckle* (MIND YOU- that is an entirely unsubstantiated theory based on the fact that they have 10x more votes than the next brand, yet not one person has posted about them. Seems sketchy to me. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back