footlights for skin of our teeth

propmonkey

We're doing The Skin of Our Teeth for our fall play. It calls for footlights because the fireplace is down center. we have a 15 ft apron over our pit and we do not have any footlights. how can i make it look like fire down center without footlights and with out spend hardly any $$?

I assume that by down center you mean down stage center as in far down stage thus the foot lights in creating a realistic motivated look to the light given off.

Could place some wash lights within the fire and supplement them with some Lekos or PARs installed on the rail to the pit or off booms in the pit. Perhaps if you have house booms, they can be used also. This would give you the added benefit of having a true direction of the light. Someone down right would not have fire light on his right side of the face for instance but would with foot lights.

Otherwise you could rent some MR-11 Micro Strips. Very small and very flexible in how you locate them. Just plop them down on the edge of the stage or mount them off the apron.

im think i could use to 6" fernsels. 2 of them 2' apart at 45 degrees with a red,orage,yellow splilt and with a diffuser.

im think i could use to 6" fernsels. 2 of them 2' apart at 45 degrees with a red,orage,yellow splilt and with a diffuser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back