For Sale: Beauty and the Beast Enchanted Rose and Woodchopper (Seattle)

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Do you have an upcoming production of Beast? I built a really nice rose here's a closeup video of it in operation. Comes with everything except the spotlight in the base.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We also built a crazy wood chopper. This is an early picture of it. I'll work on getting a current video of the wood chopper in action to post here as well (it's had more paint on it since this photo). The green wheel is just a spinning fly wheel. When turned on the large yellow disk spins raising int white "blade" suspended from the red rope go up and down. It's loud and clunky. The chopper is not battery powered so you have to deal with an extension cord. Wasn't a problem for us but it might be for you.
unnamed.jpg
Our show is done. Do you want to buy them for your show? We figure we spent around $300 on parts to build the two pieces, so that's our asking price. You need to be in the Seattle area or willing to drive a truck here as the chopper is pretty big.

Last edited:
The second picture isn't loading, but the rose looks really neat.

And I really don't have $300 sitting around right now for it, sorry.

A local group is actually doing Beauty and the Beast (Jr. :() soon. I'll see if they're interested.

A local group is actually doing Beauty and the Beast (Jr. :() soon. I'll see if they're interested.
We did the Jr. Version. It's not bad. We inserted a 15+ minute intermission and it ended up about 1:40 minutes long. Let's face it all you want to hear is "Be our Guest" and "Beauty and the Beast". We borrowed most of our costumes, I bet my costumer could help yours find them, might make it worth your while to drive over.

It'll be the second time we've done it at least since I've been involved and last time we made some pretty awesome costumes. That is one thing that we've always had - good costumers.

I got my buddy who built Maurice's crazy wood chopping machine to make a video of it. Here it is:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is the rose still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back