For Sale: Chamsys PC Wing System $3850

Pie4Weebl

Fight Leukemia
So when I moved to NYC my life was kinda headed in one direction and I figured I'd be doing lots of freelance programmer work where owning my own desk would make sense. Little did I realize not a few months later I'd end up being tricked into a full time job where I only use MA's. So, I'm looking to sell my setup, its all packed into a new pelican case and has hardly been used.

So in addition to the case you will get:

This:
pc_wing_front_290.jpg
ChamSys :: MagicQ PC Wing

paired with a 17" version this:
ASUS Eee Top ET1611PUT-B001E 15.6" Touch Screen PC. ASUS ET1611PUT-B001E

and this:
NSI / Leviton 1000 Scene DMX Controller - 512 N1000000006 B&H

Shipping weight is just under 50 lbs, its a pretty banging little setup!

Reducing the price to 3600!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shamelessly seizing the opportunity to use Pie as a cautionary tale to others wishing to purchase their own console...
I don't believe Victor asked our permission or opinion before buying his own console/control system.;) Gern, lightingguy1, and a few others may disagree, but for most, buying a visualizer that will work with many OLEs is likely a more prudent investment.
...Another soapbox:
WHY do you feel it necessary to own your own lighting console and possibly dimmers? Are you going into the lighting rental business? Do you want to become such a renowned programmer (like axislights--he's spoken elsewhere on the economics of owning one's own console), that you require people to hire you AND rent the console from you?

As a student, I think your time and money would be better spent buying and learning a visualizer and using the free OLE console software; rather than buying a dongle/widget/hardware that allows you to actually control lights.

I don't mean to imply that the system in question is NOT appropriate and valuable, for the right situation. Good luck in selling it, Victor.

haha, I have health insurance and a 401K now! you ain't gonna hurt my feelings!

Yeah, I own a Chamsys rig, but having my own production company I rent it out, so it is a different matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back