For the X32 full board people, question

Yeah, Andy. That's kinda thought I needed to do but I'm New to this board,( just bought it 6 months ago) and don't want to start changing things I might get wrong. You don't happen to know of any videos that would show me the right way to go ??

Be aware that routing was quite a bit more constrained in old versions of the firmware: you could only assign input sources to channels in banks of eight, rather than being able to do it individually. If what you see doesn't match up with the video above, that's probably why and you would be well served to upgrade the firmware...but of course not on the day before the Big Show.

Depending on your needs, it might also be convenient and appropriate to use the talkback section.

Firmware 4.02 is the place to start. Whatever the current version is (4.06?) it's buggy.

There have been reports that 4.06 "forgets" changes to output routing. If you are using default routing and patching, I'm *not sure* if it's an issue.

The X32 Rack beside me is on 4.02 and has been rock solid. My full size X32 had been on 4.04; updated to 4.06 and then rolled back to 4.04 as a precaution. I've not experienced any issues with .06 but I'm not taking chances.

If it is just for announcements and such, and you don't need any processing, the Talkback input is always a good option. You can route that to any of your mixes, which makes it pretty flexible and doesn't eat up your channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back