Found a cool photometrice spreadsheet.

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Hey I found this cool photometric spreadsheet. It comes from a university of Hawaii website. Don't know if it was put together by a student or what... Google has no information other than the sheet. Anyway it would be a really useful tool but the recalculating part doesn't seem to work. Anybody who knows their Excel want to try to figure out what's wrong? I can create a simple spreadsheet but fixing this one is over my head.

For some reason its not referencing the input data page...I'm not sure it was meant to be a recalculating spreadsheat...But you know this wouldn't be too hard to put together.

When I get a spare moment..(i.e. after my wedding) I'll see if I can't put something together.

For some reason its not referencing the input data page...I'm not sure it was meant to be a recalculating spreadsheat...But you know this wouldn't be too hard to put together.
When I get a spare moment..(i.e. after my wedding) I'll see if I can't put something together.

The data's all there and it LOOKS like it's supposed to reference the Data page... but it doesn't. I tried erasing the formula to go to the data page and get the throw distance and replace it with the same formula it does it... but it doesn't change any of the other calculations. That's about the limit of my Excel expertise.

Go to the Data Input Sheet and change the values in the purple fields.

Then go back to the Calculator sheet and press the F9 key. (F9 recalculates and formulas that don't automatically change.)

Joe

Bah....genius!

Looks, cool, nice that it is free, but I don't think it wold replace my copy of the Photometrics Handbook.

I'm thinking of using it as a base model and adapting it to something a little more universal. Taking info out of my Photometric Handbook and my Pilsboro book and using it to put together a quick reference sheet.

The cool thing would be to have a spreadsheet for just your inventory. Who... besides Ship... deals with every instrument in the book? Most of us only have a half a dozen options that we deal with regularly . How cool to have them all on a quick spreadsheet that handles all your calculations.

Hey, I just got a copy of "Stage Directions" in my in box today. It was addressed to the managing Director but she gave it to me. Anyway there is a neat little article about using a photo metrics table. Given the nature of another current thread I thought it might be interesting if I could contact the publishers about re-printing the article here. I let y'all know what I find out.

I Just read the article and it's excellent. I'm planning on keeping it for teaching purposes in the future. S.D. usually posts most of the articles on their website for free. Unfortunately their website is still showing the June issue as the "current" issue. So I have the feeling it'll be available once their webmaster gets back from vacation.

Stage Directions has been behind on updating their website. This is the link to the article Van mentioned called "Photometrics 101" it's a good article for those just starting out learning lighting design.

EDIT: Sadly the original photometric spreadsheet link from this thread is dead. The original spreadsheet appears to be something that ETC created a while ago so I'm not sure how legal it is for us to post it here. I'll PM our ETC friend and ask about it.

Last edited:
Thanks Derek it's very cool. We should see if we can get your spreadsheet permanently placed in the Wiki on the CB server.

How much work would it be to add 575X and 750x lamps? Many (if not most) of us in the educational world live on the Long Life side?

Last edited:
Okay, Gaff, for you, anything. But no 375w, 77v, or non-US lamps, please. Or else I'll have to rewrite the sheet and make you choose the lamp from a list every time.

Let's see if I was able to zip this and attach it properly.

If not, here is the link to my site:
http://www.derekleffew.com/Conv_Photometrics_v4.xls.zip

Anyone have any helpful ideas/requests?

Last edited:
Thanks Derek That's perfect. I'm very happy now. :mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back