Free standing walls at tradeshows

If the wire wall works for you, there is a supplier in Baltimore that we get ours from. If you want to rent some I have access to white, black and silver in a combo of 6ft and 8ft tall.

Hi, I am trying to build a 10 ft wide by 8 ft tall freestanding wall for the back of my booth. I need to
Hang some light picture frames. I am unsure where
To start on how to build this. Can you help!

Thank you
Brenda

All of the above posts are good advice and should give you a pretty good idea of what you're going to need. If these frames are light you shouldn't need steel and should be able to get by with a wood solution. Most of it has been covered here so just read through it all.

Hi, I am trying to build a 10 ft wide by 8 ft tall freestanding wall for the back of my booth. I need to

Thank you
Brenda

So did the discussion above help or do you need more advice.

If you need more advice let me throw some questions out:

#1 What is your budget?

Are you completely new to this sort of thing?
How are your carpentry skills what about access to tools?
Do you have any welders in the family/friends?
How much time do you have until it must be completed?
When you say 10' wide is that the overall size of the booth or is that the must have size of your wall?
Does the back wall have to be a perfect finish to it or is it okay for us to see seams? Do you want a flat wall which is supported from behind (harder to transport and harder to stabilize) or can you be happy with something in sections which curve to make stability?
Which of these three general styles are you looking for? (We are looking from the top down at the shape of the wall and it's supports).
booth.jpg

Thank you
Brenda
That screams metal grid. They are generally 2ft wide and 6 or 8ft tall. You wire tie them together, add either triangles, or an occasional 90 degree panel. Another thing you can do is add a top. Quick to set up, not expensive to buy or rent and looks decent. What I usually use is white,black or chrome.

Hi, I'm looking to rent some gridwall for an outdoor festival in Maryland, ( @ 15 minutes from Columbia), at the beginning of May, I'd prefer to find somewhere close to the event, but willing to go to DC if need be.
I will be displaying yarn & some other soft goods in a fairly large space, 10 x20 foot tent outdoors for 2 days. I would like to hang the twisted hanks on Pegs, and was thinking gridwall might be the best way to do this. I will also have some other product that will need to be displayed on shelves, I was thinking we might just use the cubes ( wire) ones that we used last year. I'm open to other ideas. I googled gridwall rentals, and haven't found any rental places...but I did find this board.
Thanks

You will need to get it from either DC or Baltimore. I have it and bring it to you but I am two hours away so it probably won't be cost effective.

HI, I just came across this website. I am looking to build something similar to one of the designs below. It will only be used to display different posters. I am looking for something about 8 ft tall by 12 feet wide. Whatever is most stable is what I would want. Can someone guide me in the right direction? Thanks! Jennifer
6184-free-standing-walls-tradeshows-booth.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hi,
I am a looking for some help on building a free standing display for my trade show that is coming up in the middle of April. I would like the facing to be rough sawn pine for a rustic look as we make wood signs that we will be displaying on the walls. Our booth is 8' x 10' and we were thinking of having the back wall in 2-5' sections, 6'8" tall and the one section on either side measuring 4' wide by 6'8" tall. I do not object to having a brace run across the top connecting the side sections with the back since I can attach lighting to them. My real problem is figuring out how to make the actual walls themselves where I can nail the pine boards to it, does anyone have any ideas? I have attached a drawing to illustrate the overall idea. Thanks in advance for the help and expertise!booth drawing.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back