Conventional Fixtures Fresnel help

Ingram

I am considering buying some new fresnels to cover the front to mid stage.. I do alot of concert lighting, and i want and even beam spread so i was looking at an Altman 165Q and an Arri daylight 2500 compact. What you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never used the Arri, but since it's concert lighting, I'd save the money and get the Altman.

The ARRI units are really nice fixtures and put out beautiful light, but at the end of the day, they're designed for studio use. They have major light leak problems in live venues, leaks that wind up on scenery and masking usually. Leakage aside, I'd still be with Les on the core issue: based on what you do, you're going to get way more bang for your buck with the product from Yonkers.

I picked the wrong one.. i meant to compare the 8" fresnel with 1000w lamp, and put two lamps per channel vs. a 10" with a 2000w lamp. i will be more specific a little later or. have a meeting to rush off too.. thanks for the info so far though.. Derekleffew, i kinda dont see well, hence the font size

...Derekleffew, i kinda dont see well, hence the font size
I understand and sympathize. At the very bottom of the page, on the left side, is a drop-down menu box that probably says "-- Black and Gold". Try changing it to "--- B&G Large Print". You might also try changing the View/Zoom settings in your browser.

I also think it's ill advised to compare a 6" 750W incandescent Fresnel spotlight with a 10" 2500W HMI. Seldom will you find either one used in concert lighting.

You still have the HMI issue to deal with, so less bumps. Personally, I would save my money and get myself a nice, large pile of PAR64s. If I wanted, I might be convinced to do LED PARs, but I dont really think I would at this point, Would rather spend that money on a large pile of Sharpys. Brilliant little lights those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back