Fresnels Latest greatest for Stage lighting

Would love to see what changes if any they had to do to make this HPL 6" Altman 65Q/HPL as it were happen. I don't currently have access to my lamp spec's tables given another computer upgrade. On my to do list for Monday to have a look at what Altman did.

I am late to this post... Sorry.

I have used the Arri L-series and Sky Panels with great success. Theater, Television, Mo-pic. All color temps and colors...

https://www.arri.com/en/l-series

They are pretty magical. The lensing makes the wash "feel" like a MR or Altman fresnel. The barn doors "work" and they are not a PITA to use.

I cut my teeth on MR Teners back in Whollyodd and love the way a fresnel feels on a scene in the theater.

I recently did a parity broadcast involving a traditional HD remote truck and on-set projection mapping. I color balanced my instruments to match the Barco projectors "white".

The talent was moving through an area about 250'x 25' (L-shaped "runway") and I had to cut close to keep spill off the F&T backgrounds.

I was calling the technical side from the 2AD spot in the truck. During the show I leaned back and saw the shader reading a book... during a 5 camera live shoot.

I called them on the IC and asked if everything was OK, the reply: "Well, I've got nothing to do because your lighting is so pleasantly even and matches the projectors".

Mission: Accomplished.

Would love to see what changes if any they had to do to make this HPL 6" Altman 65Q/HPL as it were happen. I don't currently have access to my lamp spec's tables given another computer upgrade. On my to do list for Monday to have a look at what Altman did.
You can order new 65Q's with the HPL kit in them. One of our schools converted a bunch of theirs. The conversion kit is around $60 and easy to do. The burn base, reflector and mounting plate get replaced. You cut the connector off the whip, loosen the strain relief and take out the focus knob. Slide out the old assembly and slide in the new one. Longest part of the process is putting the new connector on.

You can order new 65Q's with the HPL kit in them. One of our schools converted a bunch of theirs. The conversion kit is around $60 and easy to do. The burn base, reflector and mounting plate get replaced. You cut the connector off the whip, loosen the strain relief and take out the focus knob. Slide out the old assembly and slide in the new one. Longest part of the process is putting the new connector on.

And I’m going to bet this is a boat load cheaper than purchasing a new ETC fresnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back