Friday at NAMM - Live Blog

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
Good Morning! @gafftaper and myself will be posting throughout the day at NAMM.

This is the second year of NAMM's "Crossroads 2.0" experience, bringing together more aspects of production. There are an unreal number of educational opportunities (400+) to take advantage of at no extra cost, including ESTA-curated session (that count for ESTA credits), FOH / PLSN Pro Production Series, Lighting & Sound America/PLASA and Dante Certification training, AES@NAMM Pro Sound Symposium, TEC tracks, and more. It's a pretty unreal show and spans an ungodly amount of space, filling not only the Anaheim Convention Center but also the adjoining Hilton and Marriott. I'm headed to a session today on "Careers in Lighting" with Nook Schoenfeld, Bobby Grey and CB's very own Victor Zeiser, aka @Pie4Weebl , the panel is sponsored by Chauvet Professional.

Last edited:
Today I'll be checking out all the latest in the lighting industry, and heading over to Sennheiser's booth to check out their XSW-D line and their new SK 6212 mini bodypack transmitter, and over to Shure to check out their MV88+ (the quality is supposed to be amazing and @mbenonis would kill me if I didn't check it out)

I also really want to see the new Studio Flyer 4U from SKB cases, as it would be a great kit for me personally.

I also have to head over to our friends at Neutrik and check out their new TRUE1 True Outdoor Protection (TOP) series connectors that are IP65 rated and UV50E certified.

Stopped and checked out Entfab's booth. They have some really innovative hardware.

Littlite has a couple of cool new products... I love the idea of the option of white and red (UV is for law enforcement use and checking ID is legitimate, but it looks cool). The variable color temperature model worked nicely too.
IMG_20190125_105548.jpg

Got to the Shure Booth, and as usual, they were giving away gorgeous T-Shirts and showing off their beautiful little MV-88+. Stereo mic for mobile video.

Connects via lightning, usb 2 and usb-c.

IMG_20190125_125801.jpg

Sennheiser showed off their new SK 6212 mini transmitter. It's a tiny, rock solid body. Feels incredibly robust.

We also checked out their XSW-D line, which was developed to directly compete with Rode's wireless line as well as other 2.4ghz transmitters. Very nice, tiny little units and they start at $299 :eek:

Good to see you guys!
It was great to see you too!

I'm sorry to say that it appears that @dvsDave and I didn't mention that we attended a conference session on what it's like to be a lighting designer, with our buddy @Pie4Weebl as one of the panelists!

It was a very good session that I wish all of our up and coming CB members could have attended. From getting started, to how music becomes visual in an LD's mind, and the effects of touring on your personal life, they really covered it all. It gave a really honest look at what it's like, both good and bad.

I'm headed to a session today on "Careers in Lighting" with Nook Schoenfeld, Bobby Grey and CB's very own Victor Zeiser, aka @Pie4Weebl , the panel is sponsored by Chauvet Professional.

I mentioned it, but I hadn't posted about how it went yet. But yes, Nook was hilarious and had great stories, Bobby has some great insights into how to stay sane, and I really appreciated Victor's approach to designing for a traveling ahow with a ton of variables in venue size.

I also have to head over to our friends at Neutrik and check out their new TRUE1 True Outdoor Protection (TOP) series connectors that are IP65 rated and UV50E certified.
Two questions on this, is the original True 1 being discontinued and can the new and the old versions be interconnected.

The new Neutrick TOP TRUE1 connectors were really impressive. All black for the UV protection, these connectors fit very snugly and great seals.
TOP_XLR_SNUG.gif

The DMX and XLR cables were equally as nice.

TOP_DMX.jpg TOP_XLR.jpg

The TRUE1 connectors even had a nice separator so you couldn't insert it incorrectly.

TRUE1_TOP_Connectors.jpg TRUE1_TOP_ports.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back