The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

FS Altman 400W HMI Blacklight "Cannon" fresnels UV-703

Discussion in 'CB Classifieds' started by Ancient Engineer, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Ancient Engineer

Ancient Engineer Active Member

I have 3 of these:

https://www.altmanlighting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/BlklightUV703_Datasheet.pdf

All in good working condition. The HMI power packs tend to dislike dimmer power and have a 60-120 second warm up period. I have shuttered them with servos and black painted foam-core very well.

However... you can wash a huge area with one instrument. It is REALLY good blacklight too. Almost no measurable visible light.

Mine are a marginally earlier version with the Wood's glass seal-mounted in front of the fresnel lens.

$100ea. plus packaging and shipping to your place. If you are in/near/passing through Ohio I am happy to meet you in Toledo/Cleveland/Detroit/Columbus areas.

I will send detailed pictures/video on request.

Send me a note if you have questions/answers.

RonHebbard likes this.
  2. RonHebbard

RonHebbard Well-Known Member Premium Member

@Ancient Engineer Quoting you: "I have shuttered them with servos".
    From my AC servo and DC automation background I'm missing your connection between Fresnels and servos, please 'splain Lucy. Toodleoo!
    Ron Hebbard

3. Ancient Engineer

I used RC landing gear servos (which are plenty strong) and connected them to a balanced foamcore or gatorboard "shutter" in front of the instrument.

That way I can strike the lamp 4-5 minutes before I need it, then move the shutter out of the way for the cue and reverse when done.

I have also run the preceeding scene brighter than I would have normally to washout the UV. That was an acceptable compromise.

macsound and RonHebbard like this.
  4. Ancient Engineer

RonHebbard likes this.