FS/FT Lighting and Sound Equipment

JJBerman

I have a bunch of lighting and sound gear looking for a new home.
All gear located in Middleton WI, prices don't include shipping.
Willing to trade for S4 fixtures(Par/ParNel/ERS), Dimmer Doublers, other possible gear.
You can contact me here:[noparse][email protected][/noparse]
Pictures of gear can be found here

Lighting
  • (3) 14” Scoops
    $20 each
    Tested and Fully Functional 1/12/2018​
  • 4) 14” Beam Projectors
    $20 each
    Tested and Fully Functional 1/12/2018​
  • (29) Strand Century 6x9’s
    $20 each
    Rarely if ever used since 2007
    Models 1490 or 2321
    Comes with Safety cable
    Comes with Stage Pin Connector
    Comes with C-Clamp
    Comes with Color Frame
    (28) Tested and Fully Functional 1/12/2018
    (1) Needs new Ceramic burner Untested​
  • (3) Unknown fixtures
    $20 each
    No Safety Cable
    Comes with C-Clamp
    Comes with Color Frame
    (2) Come with Stage Pin Connector, tested and fully functional 1/12/2018
    (1)Missing bolt to secure yoke to fixture body; has tilt handle, missing other bolt, untested​
  • (1) Strand Lighting Axial Lekolite
    $20 each
    Comes with Edison Connector
    Comes with Color Frame
    No Safety Cable
    Comes with C-Clamp
    Tested and fully functional 1/12/2018​
  • (2) Network switches
    (1) SMC EZ Switch
    $20
    1016FDT
    Powers on 1/12/2018​
    (1) Bay networks Autosense Switch
    $20
    BayStack 350T
    Powers on 1/12/2018​
  • (1) ETC Response Converter
    $20
    RCNV-AMX-DMX
    Powers on 1/12/2018​
  • (2) Rackmount 24v Power Supplies
    (1) has 2x 100w idec PS5R-E24 Power Supplies
    $100
    Powers On 1/12/2018
    Comes with Rackmount front cover
    Fully functional when removed from service in 2015​
    (1) has 1x 100w idec PS5R-E24 Power Supplies
    $50
    Powers On 1/12/2018
    Comes with Rackmount front cover
    Fully functional when removed from service in 2015​
  • (26) ETC Air Flow Modules for Sensor Racks
    $10 each
    Fully Functional​
  • (1) ETC Link 15’ cable
    $5
    Fully functional
    Like or is New​
  • (4) ETC CEM Classic
    $500 each
    All working when removed from service in 2015​
  • (4) J130v 500w DVS Lamps
    $10
    Unable to test
    New in box​
Sound
  • (5) Audio Technica VHF Wireless
    $50 - $100 total
    Model: ATW-R11 & ATW-T27
    Only receiver & power supply and beltpack
    Serial: 6310333 183.200MHz
    Not Functioning​
    Serial: 7240994 189.800MHz
    Partially Functioning​
    Serial: 7241266 210.800MHz
    Fully Functioning​
    Serial: 7290661 202.200MHz
    Fully Functioning​
    Serial: 6150320 193.000MHz
    Fully Functioning​
  • (1) Ashley Audio 2ch 32 Band Graphic EQ
    $475
    Model: GQX-3102
    Serial: 702-0320
    Fully Functioning​
  • (2) PreSonus ACP88 Gate/Compressor
    $250 total
    Model: 900-ACP88
    Serial: 88-0805C185
    Serial: 88-0805C189
    Functioning
    185: Ch2/5/6 Compressor not functioning
    189: Ch8 LED indicators not functioning​
  • (1) Sabine FBX Feedback Exterminator
    $20
    Model: FBX901
    Serial: B9003309
    Unable to Test​
  • (2) Yamaha SPX2000 Effect Processor
    $900 each
    Model: SPX2000
    Serial: UCALK01036
    Serial: UCALL01025
    Fully Functioning​
  • (1) AB Model 131 Graphic EQ
    $50
    Model: 131
    Serial: 035 016807
    Fully Functioning​
  • (1) ART 310 Precision Stereo 2-way/Mono 3-way Active Crossover Network
    $50
    Model: 310
    Serial: A 99008547
    Fully Functioning​
  • (1) RCA 5 disc CD Player
    $20
    Model: RP-8055C
    Serial: 1617-87707
    Fully Functioning​
  • (1) Advantage Power Distribution Panel
    $20
    Model: Advantage PDP1
    Serial: 172330
    Fully Functioning​
  • (1) Sharp Stereo Cassette Deck
    $20
    Model: RT-W800
    Serial: 70737692A
    Fully Functioning​
  • (1) Denon Precision Audio Component/Double Cassette Deck
    $20
    Model: DRW-585
    Serial: 2097627102
    Partially Functioning
    Deck A not working; won’t spin or reader won’t move
    Missing 1 deck cover
  • (1) Altec Lansing Duplex Speakers
    $300
    Model: 9820-8A
    4 speakers
    Fully Functioning
    Some wear and tear​

(3) Unknown fixtures
$20 each
No Safety Cable
Comes with C-Clamp
Comes with Color Frame
(2) Come with Stage Pin Connector, tested and fully functional 1/12/2018
(1)Missing bolt to secure yoke to fixture body; has tilt handle, missing other bolt, untested
L18, L19, and L20 are of some historical value, I think. Besides a conversation piece even among lighting folks and the steampunk crowd. I own one, and cannot for the life of me remember if it was Major, Hub or other. It's been pictured here several times, but I cannot find it. I have a call into @ship, but perhaps someone will get to it first.
IMG_4290_old_ERS.JPG
-----
Hub. They are Hub 8768 if 36°/6x9.
Seemingly the same fixture appears in a 1964 Hub Electric Company catalog. Could it be a Century rebranded as Hub, or a knock-off?

View attachment 5351

Don't forget this thread http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/lighting-electrics/14245-what-fixture-ers.html .
Thread cited should be https://www.controlbooth.com/threads/what-is-this-fixture-ers.14245/ .

Last edited:
L18, L19, and L20 are of some historical value, I think. Besides a conversation piece even among lighting folks and the steampunk crowd. I own one, and cannot for the life of me remember if it was Major, Hub or other. It's been pictured here several times, but I cannot find it. I have a call into @ship, but perhaps someone will get to it first.
View attachment 16039
-----
Hub. They are Hub 8768 if 36°/6x9.
Thread cited should be https://www.controlbooth.com/threads/what-is-this-fixture-ers.14245/ .

I'd be surprised if ETC wasn't interested in them for their lighting museum. Wouldn't it be cool if they could work out a trade ;)

@JJBerman - I might be interested in the two (Black) Century beam projectors. I'll check with the theatre and get back with you.

I'd be surprised if ETC wasn't interested in them for their lighting museum. Wouldn't it be cool if they could work out a trade ;)
Nah, @STEVETERRY mistakenly thought they were Century in 1971.
- I might be interested in the two (Black) Century beam projectors. I'll check with the theatre and get back with you.
Do it! Every theatre needs a couple of BPs floating around. Just to confuse the kiddoes. "But there's no lens..."

I think the "(Black)" pair is actually older than the gray. If that matters to you.

14BP Century_black.jpg 14BP Century_gray.jpg

Reactions: Les
Century 6" Leko 36 , c.1938-41 or Hub #8768, c.1958-62 - 750T12/9 P-28s lamp. Black, Hexigon body & Square radial lamp cap: Second generation of the Century Leko? Or later reproduction by Hub.

I have one and probably did a CB post about the fixture in the past on research for it. Been a few years since chatting with ETC collections people, I have no idea if they have this Leko, but believe it or not I do not think it a very rare Leko given Hub sold at least hundreds of them.

My fixture came from E-Bay and there was a bidding war for it in addition to an older PC fixture, amongst me and another CB member for both as it turned out. In the end after we figured out it was us pricing both fixtures up, we came to an agreement on who got which fixture before both prices got too high. Around seven years ago, the price started at like $20.00 and was bought at around $50.00.

So on these fixtures - Hub or 2nd generation Century, it would be hard to tell and even I don't know for sure other than it clearly is a Century design and parts found on later Century fixtures. Given the next known Century light was produced after WWII, this has to be pre-war design thus my approximate dating assuming Century which I am fairly certain of for at lest its design. I have a fairly large amount of vintage stage lighting books which is where often I find dating and info on who made what fixture. This Leko is in none of my books, but probably also have no books from that 1937-1941 period. Would take hours to search thru my file on theater books published between say 1937 and 1941, but if wanted I can send the bibliography to Derek and he can figure out how to put the bibliography of the books I have bibliography file which lists all theater books I know of. Someone can than search thru it to find what books if any might have this light listed as example of a Leko. Otherwise such a list of books could be useful. Corporate or college wise in donated info to a collection, somewhere there must (might) be in storage Century's files and designs or perhaps it is listed in the patent office? Problem is Century name has been bought out so many times... it is doubtful.

All Hub files on such a fixture I believe are gone now following conversations with the final owner of the company. Such info were it to exist would also tell Century model # etc. but I don't think such info exists any longer. Hub was infamous for instead of inventing their own lights, buying out 30+ year out of date and discontinued castings from other fixture lines.

The Altman 360 Series of Leko for example in early casting, Hub started selling their version of in the early to mid 1970's. On that fixture, you can always tell a Hub verses Altman 360. Hub bought a warn out casting for the aluminum upper housing. The vent holes have a lot of aluminum which bleeds into the vent holes, in addition to the different paint. Altman initially did do a similar color texture gray/black of paint in its first - first generation of 360 series Leko, but the vent holes on the casting did not have bleed thru.

Gets detailed the differences.

How to tell if a Hub or Century Leko? Assume it's Hub but based off the theoretic 2nd generation Century Leko, and a very good representation of it. It's not a cast aluminum fixture head, it's heavy steel hex drawn out to the square lamp cap. Very obsolete and labor intensive initial design concept in how to make a Leko. I have a c.1936 Kliegl 1st generation Leko. it has a cast back plate similar to what will have been used on a 8" PC fixture, except for the lamp funnel change to the design concept. I have never seen the 1st generation Century Leko' Hub has something similar to it listed in their documents which helps to verify that Hub was buying out the old obsolete designs and making them years later. ETC has one or perhaps both.

So I cannot confirm how in I think (guess) initial Century 8" Leko' which I assume had a aluminum rear casting, they went to a steel hex rear assembly for a 6" very much smaller and modern fixture in question. Don't suppose there is any way to tell at this point if Hub or Century.

This other than in one way. History of the theater where it was found. Often a theater has documents on what gear they bought. This would tell what brand of Leko it is .... and indeed if Century, tell its actual model number. But short of the theater records, what year the theater was built, or where they acquired gear from before they got the lights would give an indication of if Hub or Century.

I got a carbon arc follow spot out of a 1929 theater a few years ago. It clearly was not a 1929 design. "Used to be a 1909 opera house in this city." That fits with the age of the spotlight. Stuff like that provides a history of the fixture.

Bumping...
I need to measure the lens diameter on the hubs. If they are different than the ones ETC already has, the museum will take them but if they are the same the museum already has a couple.

@Les still interested in the Black Century Beam Projectors?
I likely will put these up on other sites next week.

Lenses normally can easily be measured by way of concave side down in height. The taller the lens, the wider the focus. I have a note "Lenses are about 0.52" times their focal length." Very old note for me and no reference in how and why.

Sorry for being dark the past 2 days.
I checked the theatre on yesterday and apparently the director/facilities scrapped all that gear last week...
I asked them to let me know before so I could have posted on here saying it was no longer available but better late than never I guess...

Sorry guys but the gear is no longer in my possession.

For anybody that stumbles along this thread, all items are no longer available and have been scrapped.

We often do what we can, but are still just the workers of management. Thanks for trying. Keep in mind that while management might do some things not well considered, they do keep the theater going in a buisness sense - even if at times for small details better to.. Granted business people should advise from tech.. them are still those which somehow keep lights going, It happens often and time to move on to what you can advise on and what the p0rogram will do.

I came in late, but I'm gonna get this off everybody's chests:

BASTARDS!

Ok; I'm sure we all feel better now. :)

As a Manager... in some way, I have recycled hundreds of lights over the years, especially given the invent of the LED. Yes, I agree.. "Bastards" I even feel when given as one of a few to de-commician older gear to recycling. I try where I can, but at some point there is just no room. Very different than the above, but there is a specific Management thing of getting this out of the door. Yes, they lacked protocol, in giving to others. But one also as per management has to relize liability. If you as the say TD gives your Leko's to the Junior HS... debatable if you are liable if someone gets hurt by the light electrically. Debatable but still the point in not giving awy gear not servicable. If you are not trained to service the gear... best not to pass it on perhaps short of getting training thru your supplier or local college. Beyond that, getting time to donate materials so as to pass on obsolete gear fixed to other schools.... Pass on gear to another school with less trained people probably isn't a good idea. Management, and shop staff at some point seemingly will look for answers but might best scrap.

I'm not mad per say that the gear is gone.
I already had discussions with the powers that be about surplussing/recycling the gear.
We just weren't ready for the gear to go in that manner yet. We had left safety cables and gel frames for selling the gear, now we need to get all the safety cables and some of the gel frames before the gear is totally gone.

So not mad, just scrambling to gather some things back.

As a Manager... in some way, I have recycled hundreds of lights over the years, especially given the invent of the LED. Yes, I agree.. "Bastards" I even feel when given as one of a few to de-commician older gear to recycling. I try where I can, but at some point there is just no room. Very different than the above, but there is a specific Management thing of getting this out of the door. Yes, they lacked protocol, in giving to others. But one also as per management has to relize liability. If you as the say TD gives your Leko's to the Junior HS... debatable if you are liable if someone gets hurt by the light electrically. Debatable but still the point in not giving awy gear not servicable. If you are not trained to service the gear... best not to pass it on perhaps short of getting training thru your supplier or local college. Beyond that, getting time to donate materials so as to pass on obsolete gear fixed to other schools.... Pnr Status TextNow VPN Pass on gear to another school with less trained people probably isn't a good idea. Management, and shop staff at some point seemingly will look for answers but might best scrap.
good explication thanks bro

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back