Fuel Lighting Booth 510

Edrick

Premium Member
Hello guys and gals from the booth, the company I work on the side (Boston Uplights) has a company called Fuel Lighting we'll be showcasing our Angle Light which is a magnetic battery operated pin spot. It's proven to be quite popular thus far and you should swing by the booth and check it out!

It'll be Booth 510.

http://fuellighting.com/

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing it. We'll try to get some video for the CB crew to check it out.

I just spent some time on the web site and could not stop reading about these lights. They look absolutely amazing! I've been looking for a warmer LED pinspot, but these things go so much beyond my expectations. I want some!

Responded to your PM. If anyone else is interested in the product I'll work on seeing what we can gather for some demo video / material to show you guys. If you're in the Boston area you're more than welcome to see them in person.

I think I read the beam spread on the fixture is 3 degrees, but your site says you have a 2 degree diffusion. Is there an error there?

Hi Len,

The "Angle Light" does have a 3 degree beam, in this case our diffusion adds to the beam in set increments. Beam angle measurements with this type of fixture is hard to describe due to the way the beam softens at the edge. But to simplify we are saying that the 2 degree option adds an additional 2 degrees to the 3 degrees it starts with. So you are looking at about a 5 degree beam.

What is most appealing about the Angle Light is the extreme low glare outside the center of the beam. Adding 2 degrees extra gives you a tiny change that adds 12 additional inches of beam width at 15'-20' throw distance. And it does this with no additional flare left and right of the beam... Same result applies with the 5, 10 and 20 degree options.

The optics on this fixture are very special. We can create remarkable high contrast scenes with virtually zero eye strain or distracting glare. If you would like to learn more don't hesitate to respond or email me directly.

Thanks for checking it out!

Paul Therrien (Systems Developer)
FUEL Lighting Systems

Last edited:
Very excited to see some video on this light! I just started actively looking for a replacement for our ADJ PL-1000 par 36's and I'm hoping that these babies are the answers to my prayers to the lighting gods. I'm of the same mind as Bishopthomas above: can't stop looking at your website. Congratulations on the recognition at LDI, and can't wait to see how much easier these will make my life!

Thank you so much for checking out the site!

Compared to the standard out-of-the-box ADJ PL-1000 which we were showing as a side-by-side test at LDI, the Angle Light was equal in brightness to the 30watt standard halogen pin-spot. The other key differences.... The Angle Light beam was perfectly symmetrical with zero glare, which is totally opposite to what we are experiencing with the PL-1000, and the light "color" is noticeably warming and more pleasing than the white/green halogen beam of the PL-1000.

On top of these visual differences, the Angle Light weights just 1.3 pounds which includes the Lithium battery and dimming system built into each fixture, making it 2 pounds lighter than each PL-1000 as a plug-in light. And it is only 1.75 inches in width and 9 inches long. Tiny in comparison making it possible to fit 20 in a small case you can pick up with one arm.

We hope you love the entire Angle Light "System"... we have spent countless hours addressing and solving every conceivable technical and visual issue you have ever faced with traditional pin-spotting or highlighting at events.

We are hoping to have some video in the coming weeks. But for now we will continue to post images and describe the system the best we can... there is so much to show you in terms of the many ways you can integrate and utilize this system at different events. As a Lighting Designer it is very exciting to finally have such a versatile lighting instrument at my finger tips and I look forward to your feedback once you order some of your own.

Would a piece of normal gel stay in place on the light? Also is there a reason the sample pack of diffusion is more expensive then buying them all separately?

Hi,

We have custom cut gel circles that snap into the front edge of the light. We took a close look at hundreds of colors and chose specific ones that would be vibrant yet still allow enough light through to maintain enough brightness to still be a very usable system. Cutting a regular gel with scissors would be difficult to get the right size/shape due to the way it snaps in. Unless you want to tape it but that would be a mess. In the future we will have a cap that will snap on to the front edge of the light head making it possible to stack gels and diffusion together etc.

The only reason for the different price on the diffusion sample pack is due to the way we package them. Currently the diffusion pieces are not marked, so when sending single pieces we are placing each single piece in a separate bag and marking it. We are almost to the point that we will be able to mark the edge with a laser so you can visually see the difference without having to place in front of the light. That will allow them to be in one bag making it less expensive and time consuming to prep.

Hope this helps!

Fuel Lighting Systems Angle Light

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fuel Lighting Systems

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back