Full Compass Order

renegadeblack

My school just recently ordered a bunch of equipment from Full Compass in Wisconsin. I'm wondering if anyone here works for them or has done business with them in the past.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from them, including a dual wireless mic system as well as a Leviton 1000 Series controller and an Altman MR-16 Luminator follow spot. On their website, the follow spot is listed as $958.55. When they sent us an invoice for everything, the invoice listed it as $123.93. We called them back and asked them to confirm their numbers for us and they said that everything was correct. Any ideas as to why we got such a HUGE discount? We're actually sort of afraid that we'll be getting flashlights :(

Our band teacher who told us to go with Full Compass said Merry Christmas, but I think that an $830 discount is a strangely Merry Christmas.

One of the venues at my school deals primarily with Fullcompass, and they are good with matching pricing, so they might have just done that discount in order to do the full order discount?? No clue, really. FullCompass is a good vendor though, they're able to get us low prices if we find someone to match against and they generally ship quickly and have a lot of stuff in stock.

One of the venues at my school deals primarily with Fullcompass, and they are good with matching pricing, so they might have just done that discount in order to do the full order discount?? No clue, really. FullCompass is a good vendor though, they're able to get us low prices if we find someone to match against and they generally ship quickly and have a lot of stuff in stock.

I'm just worried that we're not going to get what we ordered :( The model number and everything matches up, I guess that the only way to know is to see what shows up.

I'm just worried that we're not going to get what we ordered :( The model number and everything matches up, I guess that the only way to know is to see what shows up.

Correct, wait to see what they ship. If they do indeed ship the Altman follow spot, then call back and ask to speak to a manager in sales. The ethical thing to do is to correct what is obviously an error (assuming the website price is correct). At some point their book-keeping will catch up with them and they'll realize there's an error. Being a reputable company, they may decide to do nothing, but that's a huge discrepancy and someone at FC might be in trouble over it.

If after a second phone call, they do not re-issue a correct invoice, I would then use the extra money to order add'l stuff from them.

Steve B.

I work for Full Compass and would be happy to look up your order. Reply to me here or to lightinguy[at]gmail.com with the name and location of your school and I will look in to it.

Best,
John

The last time I ordered from them was for some Grundorf cases. I gave them both interior and exterior dimensions (cases to supplement existing inventory) and they transposed the exterior numbers to be the interior, so they came in much bigger than desired. They offered to give me the mistake at half price or something, or to re-order. I chose the re-order since these were for light fixtures. I should point out that this experience was at least five years ago. Maybe 10. So they could have changed a lot since then.

Anyway, I thought they were cool about it and I would order from them again if I didn't need much support, but I find Bill @ ESC to have better customer service and be more knowledgeable than whoever answers the phone at FC.

I too have dealt with Full Compass for wireless microphones for our local high school, and I was very pleased with the price and service from them. As a dealer of Apollo products, Full Compass has a knowledgable staff in terms of lighting as well.

I agree with the past responses regarding the second phone call, just in case a slight clerical error occurred. You have been more than considerate with your original posting, renegadeblack, and are a credit to your school. (And your parents too!)

:)

What may have happened is that the other teacher paid for part of your order, and the corrected balance showed up on yours. It may have been his little marry christmas gift. I have had people do that before, some one call and pay for part of someones stuff, and them tell me not to say who it was but just go nope, that bil is correct.

I have had great service with them. but on one occasion the model/part number was correct but the manufacture had changed. They had no problem getting it straightened out. The other thing i have noticed in the past was that their invoice has an odd format, i have had to show the secretary how to read their invoice.

Last edited:
Full compass is a wonderful vendor, I've ordered with them many times.

Once they got two numbers flipped around (i ordered 23 and they sent 32).

It was on some low-priced stuff, and they didn't even care, they just said keep it.

Probably a 200 buck mistake, but still great service. Always willing to help on phone or via email, and great about sending quotes. Maybe somebody punched in a number wrong.

With a large error like that, I'd let them know, and if they let you take that price, at least buy from them next time you need something :] best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back