Full Line Sound Retailers

stjc15

I am in the process of getting bids for some new equipment, but I don't have any other full line retailers to look at other that Full Compass Systems. Does anybody know any good ones?

all pro sound does good stuff, find a local sound company, and if you are in a larger area you can most likely get a few different bids.

Musicians Friend (let the debating begin) is actually a good supplier of anything that doesn't have their name on it. Their mic cables have a history of dying, but I have gotten mic stands (On Stage Stands) from them, as well as mics and some other things.
www.musiciansfriend.com

Northern Light and Sound is a retailer that only carries a few brands in each category of equipment, and only sells the higher-end brands. They have AMAZING prices, but expect a longer delivery time (2-3 weeks) on everything.
www.northernsound.net

Full Compass (looks like you know them)
www.fullcompass.com

Sweetwater is a studio retailer that usually has higher prices, but also has much higher customer service.
www.sweetwater.com

Musicians Buy is a company that is sort of like musicians friend, with a site that is harder to navigate. They also have a lower selection of products.
www.musiciansbuy.com

BH Photo and Video sells EVERYTHING for lighting, sound, video, audio, and some computing stuff.
www.bhphotovideo.com

zZounds is another retailer very like musicians friend. Similar lines of products. Similar prices.
www.zzounds.com

Those are the main ones that I know.

Also, a local company may be able to give you good bids, but it seems that I'm always able to get better prices from Northern Light and Sound.

Last edited:
I don't know where in Wisconsin you are, but a good company is Professional Audio Designs, Inc. They are not going to be your cheapest, but they are sound engineers and sound designers. It is great to use a company like this to get an idea of what things should really be like in your space, taking into account acoustics, etc. Once you have their bid list, you will have to check out others to see what extra you are paying for their experience and the work they did in your space figuring out what would be the best equipment for you.

Scott Leonard is the president of the company, an engineer, a very nice guy, and very, very knowledgeable. Kim DeSpears Leonard is the VP & Head designer, another great knowledgeable person. They can design things so that you can implement them in phases as you are able and have the money.

Contact them and tell them that Dennis from West Bend recommended that you contact them. they designed my system, although the powers that be have yet to loosen the purse strings to finish all phases of the project.

Here's the web site, followed by conventional means of contacting them.
http://www.proaudiodesigns.com/

Professional Audio Designs, Inc.
11707B West Dearbourn Ave
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Fax - 414.476.7477
[email protected]

Incorporated in 1985

State of California Contractors License #:813802

They are busy, so it may take a while for Kim or Scott themselves to get back to you.

Let me know (and this site) how things are going!!

Dennis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back