Fuse Question—Leviton Dimmer Pack

nick_fouts

Hi all,

I have a Leviton DDS 5600 microplex dimmer pack. Went to install today and found a missing fuse on one of the channels. In advance, please pardon my naïvete around electricity and fuses--I'm still learning!

It requires a 6A, 250V non time-delay fuse. I know that I can order online, but I'm not sure I have the time to wait for it to get here. Locally, what I have found is a variety pack of fuses: Bussmann AGC Low Amp fuse assortment. The packaging doesn't have a lot of information but says they are 1/4" x 1 1/4", which is the correct size, and that the IR is 100A, 250V...the 100A part is a bit confusing for me...

I have included images of the packaging. Would these work in my dimmer pack on the fly? Should I just order the one I know is correct online and wait it out?

Thanks for any advice you may have to offer!
4cc3a02a-95f2-414d-81de-72712c2c228c_1.73722e9a73adbf584f3b965d4e160472.jpeg 82a33974-6dc9-4d5f-a073-605eb7084600_1.53b5cd99584fdfc583885dc24ad79f97.jpeg

Hi all,

I have a Leviton DDS 5600 microplex dimmer pack. Went to install today and found a missing fuse on one of the channels. In advance, please pardon my naïvete around electricity and fuses--I'm still learning!

It requires a 6A, 250V non time-delay fuse. I know that I can order online, but I'm not sure I have the time to wait for it to get here. Locally, what I have found is a variety pack of fuses: Bussmann AGC Low Amp fuse assortment. The packaging doesn't have a lot of information but says they are 1/4" x 1 1/4", which is the correct size, and that the IR is 100A, 250V...the 100A part is a bit confusing for me...

I have included images of the packaging. Would these work in my dimmer pack on the fly? Should I just order the one I know is correct online and wait it out?

Thanks for any advice you may have to offer!
View attachment 18680 View attachment 18681
@nick_fouts I'll offer a few comments and at least one query:
1; How much load are you planning to place on each of the channels?
2; Where my thinking is going: If you have one channel which you are planning to load very lightly, for example, 100 Watts or less, use the highest amperage fuse of your assortment in the channel you're planning to load the least, if the load is low enough the fuse should hold until your order of proper replacement fuses arrives.
3; Worst case, your temporary fuse will blow with no harm to anything but your bank balance.
4; I was going to explain the 100 amp IR rating but @DrewE already spoke to this in post three while I was typing.
5; You're wise to have asked.
6; @FMEng @Ancient Engineer @TimMc Care to comment???
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

By the website, my local Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware all have these in the store. You might check. And Amazon Prime has them for delivery tomorrow. I think if I still lived in Chicago area, I could get them delivered this afternoon. (Strains of Sinatra's "Send in the drones" in the background.)

Heck, even Freddy's should have them if you've got a big store near you. Try Ace, Home Despot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back