Gaff Gun

original ship date was in December

web site now says that orders placed now will ship sometime in January

is this thing for real?

I saw one at LDI.... thats it...

Anyone here order one? Any updates?

My GaffGunn arrived on Friday! It's very well packaged and designed. The product feels very sturdy and made from quality materials and design. I think its a great idea. I ordered the whole kit, with the various sizes of cable guides and tape adapter core sleeves. They sell their own tape with a snap-in core already in place. There's a small notch in the center of the core to keep the tape under tension while rolling it out. You can use any tape with the adapter sleeves. 1, 2, or 3 inch tape. I popped on a roll of 2" gaff of my own. Initial use was a bit tricky. It feels very different than you would think. It takes quite a bit of downward force and forward force to make it pull the tape off the roll and apply to the stage and cables. There were two cables I was trying to tape tape down, a power cable and a mic cable. The tape did not even stick to the stage floor at all, it became mostly wrapped around the two cables. I'm not certain thats a fault of the product, still new to using it so I'll call it newbie user error. Over time I know I can get used to it. I also feel like 3" tape is going to work much better with the way the rubber wheels in the cable guide push the tape to the stage. Over all I think it's going to be great to have around.

My GaffGunn arrived on Friday! It's very well packaged and designed. The product feels very sturdy and made from quality materials and design. I think its a great idea. I ordered the whole kit, with the various sizes of cable guides and tape adapter core sleeves. They sell their own tape with a snap-in core already in place. There's a small notch in the center of the core to keep the tape under tension while rolling it out. You can use any tape with the adapter sleeves. 1, 2, or 3 inch tape. I popped on a roll of 2" gaff of my own. Initial use was a bit tricky. It feels very different than you would think. It takes quite a bit of downward force and forward force to make it pull the tape off the roll and apply to the stage and cables. There were two cables I was trying to tape tape down, a power cable and a mic cable. The tape did not even stick to the stage floor at all, it became mostly wrapped around the two cables. I'm not certain thats a fault of the product, still new to using it so I'll call it newbie user error. Over time I know I can get used to it. I also feel like 3" tape is going to work much better with the way the rubber wheels in the cable guide push the tape to the stage. Over all I think it's going to be great to have around.

Well let us know how your experiences of the Gaff Gun go. Honestly its a bit pricy to me, however I can see it as feasible for some. Looks neat, but of course I always have that "it may be too good to be true" thing in my head. I know others may like to know some peoples experiences before laying out the cash for this extremely new product (yes I know of home-made versions from ages past).

We bought the gaff gun from gaffgun.com along with the three piece adapter set and the cable guides and floor guide. When we went to put the 3 inch gaff tape on the standard adapter, however, we thought beforehand and were wondering how you switch to a different size gaff tape before the roll runs out. The way the adapters click in it makes it so that you have to use something to push the plastic button down and pull the adapter off. Easily done with 1 and 2" tape because you can move it to the side to push the button down, but with three inch you can't move the tape far enough to see the button, making it impossible to pull off once put on without running out the whole roll of tape and cutting the cardboard center to get rid of it.

Can someone that has used this before guide us in this confusing endeavor?

Cheers,

Sir Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back