Gaff it?

Do you gaff together your stagepins connections?

• Yes, I gaff all or most stagepin connections

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 40 71.4%

• Total voters
The only time I usually gaff stagepin connections when they're so loose that as soon as you let go the connection's like, "yeah, I'd rather not be here..." and falls apart. Then I get mad and gaff them. Otherwise, it's just a hassle.

The only time I usually gaff stagepin connections when they're so loose that as soon as you let go the connection's like, "yeah, I'd rather not be here..." and falls apart. Then I get mad and gaff them. Otherwise, it's just a hassle.

If your connectors are that loose, you should spread the pins whether you gaff or not. While gaffing will hold the two connectors together, it will not keep a loose pin from arcing. Spreading the pins, so you have a nice, tight electrical connection will.

Why would you do that? Just get a stagepin ground lifter. Wish I had a picture.

About half of my 12/3 cables are S cable, not SO, with square bodied Olsen stage pin connectors. A fair number of these cables have been in service longer than I've been in the business.

Or alive. :lol::mrgreen::lol:

Of course, I know pin connectors have three pins--that's why you have to drill a hole in the female to make them work right.

:)

ST

Just like those 750W lamps..... :rolleyes: *ducks and runs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back