Gaff's LDI 2022 Report

I just finished listening to a presentation proposing the creation of "The Entertainment Association". Essentially it is a P. A. C. designed to speak up for the entire entertainment industry with one voice the next time there is a major issue (like Covid).

Check out this article for more information. I look forward to hearing more and seeing this idea grow.
It seems this will happen. I saw an ad for it (I think?) in one of the trade publications.

I'd like to add the very cool mix of older lighting fixtures and consoles provided by Andrew Gumper. http://www.ag.tc/ In case you missed the display, it was behind the (in)famous Circle Bar in the back corner of the trade show floor.

Thanks Andrew!

I'd like to add the very cool mix of older lighting fixtures and consoles provided by Andrew Gumper. http://www.ag.tc/ In case you missed the display, it was behind the (in)famous Circle Bar in the back corner of the trade show floor.

Thanks Andrew!
I forgot to post the those pictures! Thanks for the reminder. PXL_20221118_220137577.jpgPXL_20221118_220156541.jpgPXL_20221118_220200714.jpgPXL_20221118_220206747.jpgPXL_20221118_220213567.jpgPXL_20221118_220225688.jpgPXL_20221118_220231951.jpgPXL_20221118_220237753.jpgPXL_20221118_220247039.jpgPXL_20221118_220254364.jpg

Wow @gafftaper, thanks for posting those. Wish I would have seen ithe display lurking back there. Nice that he included the original dust as well. That particular TTI console always seems to have some parts of the face panel missing!

Wow @gafftaper, thanks for posting those. Wish I would have seen ithe display lurking back there. Nice that he included the original dust as well. That particular TTI console always seems to have some parts of the face panel missing!
Yeah sadly, it was literally the far back left corner of the show hall behind the bar. You could easily walk by and not know it was there.

Well someone finally cleaned out the back of their shop!

As was said to me, "The saddest Obsession One I've ever seen."
Why does the Martin board look like a Colortran Prestige/Scenemaster?
How'd that GVG switcher get in there?

I loved that someone left a note in the Hog 2 to see if it was for sale

Pretty sure the Aryton Cobra is using that technology, not sure if it's from Kyocera though.

I have a LEP flashlight, it's fun to play with and impress people. It's come in useful a couple times to point stuff out first thing in the morning when a tour comes in. But for what they cost it's not really something for most people to have. And I think most people would find a traditional LED based thrower to be more useful. The beams aren't quite as tight. But they're generally more reasonably priced, and the spill that lights up the rest of the area is better for most use cases.
My EDC is a Fenix FD-40, my second and now sadly discontinued. It takes 26650 rechargeables -- removable ones, which is important -- and is not so foolish to have a clip to break off, and is one of the few focusable LEDs that has a decent pattern. And at full 5/5 brightness, zoomed in, I rarely need a laser pointer to point stuff out.

Damn shame they cancelled it for a couple dozen gee-gaw lights....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back